What Do You Want to See From Apple in 2021?
In our What to Expect article that we shared yesterday, we covered everything that we think we'll see from Apple in 2021 based on current product rumors and historical release data.
New, more powerful Apple silicon Macs with redesigns, iPhone 13 models with upgraded cameras, new Apple Watch models, and updated AirPods are in the works, plus we're expecting to finally get the AirTags and a new Apple TV.
We know what we think we'll see in 2021, but we want to hear from the MacRumors community. What are you hoping to see Apple release this year?
Are there new features you want to see in iOS 15 or macOS 12? Apple Smart Glasses? Updated iPhone features?
Let us know what you want to see in the comments, and take a look at our What to Expect article for a look at the current rumors. We'll learn more about Apple's 2021 product plans during the first months of the year, and as always, we'll have in-depth rumor coverage here at MacRumors.com.
Our MacRumors forums are also an excellent resource for discussing upcoming products and rumors, and with the most exciting Mac refreshes we've seen in years on the horizon, our forums are the place to be for discussions on what's next.
Thank you to all of our readers and our forum members for continuing to make MacRumors the number one site for Apple news, rumors, and advice on the web. We've been around for more than 20 years now, and that's all thanks to you. We look forward to another year of rumors in 2021 and all of the years to come. Happy New Year!
Top Rated Comments
I'd like to see a 14" MacBook Pro with an M1x/M2 chip, and more SSD storage. I'd also like the same in a new Mac mini.
1) Ability to backup iPhone or iPad via cellular option
2) Apple Notes on Apple Watch
3) Ability to backup the Apple Watch separately from the phone.
4) Ability to stay logged into devices when re-installing MacOS without ending up with duplicate devices lists in Messages on the phone and iPad.
5) Ability to add new group contacts on the phone or iPad
6) Ability to create a new Apple ID without having to log out of currently used Apple ID
7) Ability to password lock the stock Mail app
8) Ability to mark tv episodes as unwatched using the iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV remote
9) Ability to change email received sound for different accounts on the Mac
10) Ability to be notified via alarm on other devices, when you have left your watch or phone behind like the app PhoneBuddy does
11) Ability to see the current battery status of all applicable devices logged into the same Apple ID on phone, watch, iPad , and Mac
12) Ability to connect external drive to the iPad and be able to erase and reformat the drive
I) Would like to see a 11 or 12" M1 Macbook
2) Apple Watch with longer battery, Blood Glucose monitoring, and body temperature reading
3) New AppleTV remote
* Allow more screens to be attached to M1 desktops.
* Caching. Especially xcode build caching. Clean of build should just work. Having to find out how to clear out invalid cached files and then go round the file system deleting them is bordering on abuse. Having to restart a UNIX OS to clear files is criminal. Reboots are for Windows. Stop pretending MacOS is efficient and fix it. Caching isn't a fix, it's a cheat. Doubly so if it doesn't work. And it doesn't.
* Fix xcode so that you can debug a Objective C application that has linked in swift frameworks.
* Some feedback when transferring/syncing to an iOS device in Finder. Another half-baked solution (swift anyone?). Leave it in iTunes until you can do it properly outside of it.
* Fix APFS. Allow file system changes in Terminal to show up in Finder before five minutes have elapsed. Allow me the option NTFS has to control flushing. I need truth, not 'fast lies'.
* Put back .Thrash. Having a 'Bin' folder just invalidates case sensitive files systems (which you offer as a choice!) as every developer has a private 'bin' directory in their home folder and possibly more on removable media.
* Put into AVFoundation all the things that were lost when you moved off QuickTime.
I'm sure I'll think of more after I hit 'submit' but I don't need the phone, the watch, the tv, the ipad, the fitrness subscription, emojis, animations, I just need the computer to work and you break it more and more with each release that prioritises frills over function. Form follows function, a basic tenet of industrial design. Or have the lunatics taken over the asylum? Rant over.