M2 Pro Mac Mini Specs: Up to 32GB of RAM, Up to Three External Displays, 240Hz Support, and More
After weeks of rumors and speculation, Apple announced an updated Mac mini with the M2 and M2 Pro chips today. The new Mac mini has the same design as previous models, but comes with several additional features and changes.
Below, we've outlined a few of the most notable new features, changes, and details regarding the new Mac mini.
- M2 models of the new Mac mini come with 8GB of unified memory as standard, but can be configured with 16GB or 24GB memory options. Mac mini models with M2 Pro come with a standard 16GB of unified memory, with an option to upgrade to 32GB of memory.
- M2 models of the new Mac mini come with 256GB of SSD storage with 512GB, 1TB, and 2TB options. M2 Pro models come with 512GB of storage as standard and options of 1TB, 2TB, 4TB, and 8TB.
- Mac mini models with M2 Pro support up to three external displays, with two displays at 60Hz over Thunderbolt and one additional display of up to 4K resolution over HDMI. With one display connected to the Mac mini, it can support up to 4K resolution at 240Hz over HDMI.
- Mac mini models with M2 Pro come with two additional Thunderbolt 4 ports on the back. Both the M2 and M2 Pro models have an Ethernet port, HDMI, two USB-A ports, and a headphone jack.
- For the first time in a Mac, the new Mac mini and MacBook Pro support Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3.
The new Mac mini, alongside the updated 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros, are available for pre-order starting today and will begin arriving to customers on Tuesday, January 24.
AirTags may be a convenient way for tracking dogs that might get off leash or otherwise lost, but there are dangers associated with the practice, as outlined by a report from The Wall Street Journal.
At 1.26 inches in diameter, AirTags are able to fit easily on a dog's collar, but that size also makes the tracking devices small enough to swallow, at least for a medium to large-sized dog, and ...
Apple has previously announced several upcoming iOS features that are expected to be added to the iPhone this year. Some of the features could be introduced with iOS 16.4, which should enter beta testing soon, while others will arrive later in the year.
Below, we have recapped five new iOS features that are expected to launch in 2023, such as an Apple Pay Later financing option for purchases ...
Apple's next device with an Apple silicon chip may not be a Mac or an iPad, but rather an advanced external display, according to recent reports.
The display, which is rumored to arrive this year, is expected to sit somewhere between the $1,599 Studio Display and the $4,999 Pro Display XDR – but more exact information about the device's positioning and price point is as yet unknown. While ...
In June 2022, Apple previewed the next generation of CarPlay, promising deeper integration with vehicle functions like A/C and FM radio, support for multiple displays across the dashboard, personalization options, and more.
Apple says the first vehicles with support for the next-generation CarPlay experience will be announced in late 2023, with committed automakers including Acura, Audi,...
When the original HomePod launched in 2018, it was discovered that the speaker can leave white rings on some wooden surfaces. Now, well-known YouTuber Marques Brownlee has confirmed that the issue persists to a lesser extent with the new HomePod.
In a side-by-side test, he showed that the white second-generation HomePod left a white ring on the wooden surface that he placed the speaker on,...
Apple's VP of hardware engineering Matthew Costello and product marketing employee Alice Chan recently spoke with Men's Journal and TechCrunch about the new second-generation HomePod in wide-ranging interviews about the smart speaker.
Apple discontinued the original full-size HomePod in March 2021 after multiple reports indicated that sales of the speaker were lackluster, but Chan told Men's ...