Deals: Apple's iPad Mini 6 on Sale for Best-Ever Price of $399.99 ($99 Off)

You can get the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad mini 6 today on Amazon for $399.99, down from $499.00. This remains the best deal we've ever tracked on the iPad mini 6, and it's available in three colors: Starlight, Space Gray, and Purple.

ipad mini blue holidayNote: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The iPad mini 6 is shipped and sold directly from Amazon, with the fastest Prime delivery estimated for November 17. As of writing, only Amazon is offering these $99 discounts on the iPad mini 6.

This time around, only the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad mini 6 is on sale at an all-time low price. We're keeping track of all of the season's best Apple-related deals in our Black Friday roundup, so be sure to check back throughout the month for an updated list of all the most notable discounts you'll find for Black Friday 2022.

Related Roundup: Apple Deals

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

nightcap965 Avatar
I ignored the mythmaking doomcryers and took advantage of this sale, and I’m glad I did. It’s a great device, and works perfectly.
Benjamin Nabulsi Avatar
The best iPad I've ever owned!
HobeSoundDarryl Avatar

I've been using it for a year and I have to ask, what is that? I've never seen this jelly thing everyone is bitching about ?‍♂️
It's definitely there.

If you want to see it- CAUTION: ONCE YOU DO, YOU CAN'T SUBSEQUENTLY UNSEE IT - hold your mini in portrait mode. Load any website or document with lots of lines of text content, basically filling the page top to bottom. Touch a finger to the far right as you would to scroll the page. Look at the point where you are touching. Use your peripheral vision to view the left end of the page. Scroll your finger up and down quickly. Your peripheral vision will see the left part of the page not quite keeping up with the right half of the page. This dragging (behind) effect has been called jelly scrolling.

The left end of the page will "catch up" with the right pretty quickly (as this scroll slows down). However, there is a brief moment where the right side of the page is several lines (of pixels) ahead of the left... like a slow response to your scroll.

What people are wanting is no delay at all, as if you held a hollow picture frame in your hand (standing in for mini) and there was a printed page of the same text underneath. You reach through and scroll the right edge of that paper up and down quickly. The left end will "keep up" because a part of a piece of paper can't drag behind without ripping.

I have iPad Mini 6 and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I use it EVERY day. Yes, I can see the jelly scroll when quickly scrolling any content. However, I just don't care. The rest makes up for this shortcoming. If it actually bugged me, I could long blink while I scrolled so that the left edge of the page could catch up with the right. It's not a dramatic thing, just a bit behind for fractions of a second, before it "catches up" with the rest of the page.

I consider this a "making a mountain out of a molehill" observation. Apple can certainly do better and needs no defense of this but as you yourself experience, not everyone can even notice it at all. You almost have to be looking for it to notice. For anyone interested in a 6 but clogged up by this concern: head to any store that carries it and see with your own eyes. Yes, it's real but no it's not dramatic. Like Phil here, you might not even notice it at all. Or you might but realize it IS a mountain out of a molehill thing.

My 6 doubles as my iPhone (with buds) too, so I use it as much as anyone with iPhone and/or iPads. I DO look forward to a 7 or 8 with hopefully a better screen... but I don't care that this one is as it is vs.- say- not owning it at all over this issue.
iAppleOrchard Avatar
Besides the lack of a keyboard, the iPad mini 6 >>>>>>> iPad X.
uptownnyc Avatar
Love this device. It's the best iPad.
sracer Avatar

Either late 2023 or sometime 2024, it about an approximately 2 year refresh. The mini had some dark years in the past as I suspect Apple was not sure where it was going with the iPad line and sales were declining which showed. Hopefully it’s not a repeat of those iPad dark year, I feel Apple needs to leap frog iPadOS and not with these minor annual updates that are insulting. The hardware has been capable for years. If Apple ported Finder with the ability of incorporating a music player that would be a good start. I am not interested in the Music app as one cannot import their music without going through hoops.
You are obviously entitled to what you wish would happen. I don't want to invalidate that.

But in a thread about a current temporary on-sale price for the Mini 6, it is helpful for people who are considering getting a Mini 6, to have facts to help them make an informed decision.

$99 off the Mini 6 is an incredible deal. Historically, the iPad Mini hasn't gone on sale often, and rarely at that deep a discount.

I DO NOT recommend anyone who wants a Mini 6 to pass on this and wait for an updated Mini that most likely won't happen in 2023 or 2024. But take this with a grain of salt because I'm just some rando on the internet. ?