Apple Releases Safari Technology Preview 142 With Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements

Apple today released a new update for Safari Technology Preview, the experimental browser Apple first introduced in March 2016. Apple designed the ‌Safari Technology Preview‌ to test features that may be introduced into future release versions of Safari.

Safari Technology Preview Feature
‌Safari Technology Preview‌ release 142 includes bug fixes and performance improvements for Web Inspector, CSS Subgrid, CSS Container Queries, CSS, Web Animations, Rendering, JavaScript, Forms, Shared Workers, Workers, Dialog Element, Web API, Experimental Model Element, and Web Extensions.

The current ‌Safari Technology Preview‌ release is built on the Safari 15.4 update and it includes Safari 15 features introduced in macOS Monterey.

The ‌Safari Technology Preview‌ update is available through the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences to anyone who has downloaded the browser. Full release notes for the update are available on the Safari Technology Preview website.

Apple's aim with ‌Safari Technology Preview‌ is to gather feedback from developers and users on its browser development process. ‌Safari Technology Preview‌ can run side-by-side with the existing Safari browser and while designed for developers, it does not require a developer account to download.

BWhaler Avatar
I love Safari.
PsykX Avatar
Even though it's the browser that has implemented the least web standards amongst the competition, according to both www.html5test.com ('http://www.html5test.com') and https://wpt.fyi/interop-2022?stable
I am glad Apple has recently committed to make it change.

I disagree with those who say that it's the IE of today, because IE would score like 15% while others would score 90%. We're not here at all.

I also prefer Safari over other browsers, especially since they made it possible to reverse the changes they brought to the UI in Monterey.
DekuSprout Avatar
Private relay is a major advantage of Safari I think.
mdriftmeyer Avatar

I am glad Apple has recently committed to make it change.

I need to put something to rest.

Attachment Image

Attachment Image

Attachment Image
Spidder Avatar
I switched to Chrome after 5+ years of using Safari exclusively and I have to agree with those who call Safari the new IE. Safari is just years behind the competition in almost everything and Apple doesn’t give a crap, because its preinstalled on every Apple device. Sounds familiar?
MrGunny94 Avatar
Safari has been my go to to browser for Apple platforms ever since I can remember, these days I have Edge next to it because of work but for personal stuff I still use Safari.

One thing I hope stye improve is the RAM management because just takes way too much RAM on like 3 simple tabs.