Apple Resumes Product Sales in Turkey With Significant Price Hikes
Apple has resumed the sales of its products in Turkey just days after shuttering its sales operation following the Turkish lira collapsing against the U.S. dollar and rising economic concerns. With the resumption of product sales, Apple has also significantly increased the price of all of its products in the country as a result of inflation.
Over the past week, the Turkish lira has collapsed in value against the U.S. dollar, causing Apple to suspend product sales in the country. Now, Apple has reopened sales operations in Turkey for its online store, and presumably, in retail stores. This week, customers were also reportedly being turned down at Apple Stores in the country's largest city, Istanbul.
- iPhone 13 mini now starts at 13.999 TL, up from 10.999 TL
- iPhone 13 now starts at 14.999 TL, up from 11.999 TL
- iPhone 13 Pro now starts at 19.999 TL, up from 14.999 TL
- iPhone 13 Pro Max now starts at 22.999 TL, up from 17.999 TL
- Apple Watch Series 7 now starts at 5.399 TL, up from 4.399 TL
- Apple Watch SE now starts at 3.799 TL, up from 3.099 TL
- Apple Watch Series 3 now starts at 2.699 TL, up from 2.199 TL
- 13-inch MacBook Pro now starts at 17.499 TL, up from 14.999 TL
- 13-inch MacBook Air now starts at 13.499 TL, up from 10.999 TL
- 14-inch MacBook Pro now starts at 28.999 TL, up from 23.499 TL
- 16-inch MacBook Pro now starts at 35.499 TL, up from 28.999 TL
- 24-inch iMac now starts at 17.999 TL, up from 14.999 TL
- 27-inch iMac now starts at 23.999 TL, up from 19.979 TL
- Mac Pro now starts at 79.999 TL, up from 67.449 TL
- Mac mini now starts at 9.499 TL, up from 7.899 TL
- AirPods Pro now starts at 3.599 TL, up from 2.899 TL
- Third-generation AirPods now starts at 2.499 TL, up from 1.999 TL
- AirPods Max now starts at 7.099 TL, up from 5.699 TL
- iPad Pro now starts at 10.799 TL, up from 8.599 TL
- iPad Air now starts at 7.999 TL, up from 6.399 TL
- iPad now starts at 4.799 TL, up from 3.899 TL
- iPad mini now starts at 7.199 TL, up from 5.799 TL
For updated information on new pricing, be sure to check out Apple's Turkish store front.
Note: Due to the political or social nature of the discussion regarding this topic, the discussion thread is located in our Political News forum. All forum members and site visitors are welcome to read and follow the thread, but posting is limited to forum members with at least 100 posts.
Apple released iOS 16.3 in late January following nearly six weeks of beta testing. The software update is available for the iPhone 8 and newer, and while it is a relatively minor update, it still includes a handful of new features, changes, and bug fixes.
Below, we've recapped new features in iOS 16.3, including support for physical security keys as a two-factor authentication option for...
Apple's VP of hardware engineering Matthew Costello and product marketing employee Alice Chan recently spoke with Men's Journal and TechCrunch about the new second-generation HomePod in wide-ranging interviews about the smart speaker.
Apple discontinued the original full-size HomePod in March 2021 after multiple reports indicated that sales of the speaker were lackluster, but Chan told Men's ...
Apple's next device with an Apple silicon chip may not be a Mac or an iPad, but rather an advanced external display, according to recent reports.
The display, which is rumored to arrive this year, is expected to sit somewhere between the $1,599 Studio Display and the $4,999 Pro Display XDR – but more exact information about the device's positioning and price point is as yet unknown. While ...
Apple appears to be preparing an iOS 16.3.1 update for the iPhone, based on evidence of the software in our website's analytics logs this week. It's unclear when the update will be released, but it will likely be available at some point in February.
The same logs have accurately foreshadowed the release of several previous updates, including iOS 16.0.3 and iOS 16.1.1 most recently, so they...
Apple has previously announced several upcoming iOS features that are expected to be added to the iPhone this year. Some of the features could be introduced with iOS 16.4, which should enter beta testing soon, while others will arrive later in the year.
Below, we have recapped five new iOS features that are expected to launch in 2023, such as an Apple Pay Later financing option for purchases ...
The Apple Pay Later service that Apple has in the works is set to launch "soon," Apple CEO Tim Cook told CNBC ahead of today's earnings call for the first fiscal quarter of 2023.
Cook said that Apple employees are beta testing the Apple Pay Later feature, which will help Apple boost services revenue. "It will be launching soon," Cook said.
Apple Pay Later was first previewed at the...
Google's Chromium developers are working on an experimental web browser for iOS that would break Apple's browser engine restrictions, The Register reports.
The experimental browser, which is being actively pursued by developers, uses Google's Blink engine. Yet if Google attempted to release it on the App Store, it would not pass Apple's App Review process.
Apple's App Store rules dictate...