First iPhone 13 and iPad Mini Orders Arriving to Customers in New Zealand and Australia
It's September 24 in Australia and New Zealand, which means it's officially iPhone 13 launch day. Customers in New Zealand and Australia are always the first to get their hands on new devices due to time zone differences.
The iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max are now beginning to arrive to customers who pre-ordered on Friday, September 17. It's also iPad launch day, and customers who ordered an iPad mini 6 or an iPad 9 will also be receiving those devices.
Photos of the new iPhone 13 models are starting to pop up across the web on Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, and various forums.
Perks of living in #NewZealand @MacRumors @iupdate #iPhone13 pic.twitter.com/TIqmyFe1T6 — Conrad Hart (@conradhart03) September 23, 2021
There are no Apple Stores in New Zealand, so customers in Australia are the first to be able to purchase one of the new iPhones or iPads in an Apple retail location. Available in-store stock in Australia will give us an idea of what we can expect in other Apple Stores worldwide.
iPhone 13 and 13 mini orders placed today won't deliver until early to mid-October, while some iPhone 13 Pro models are delayed until late October. For that reason, an in-store purchase may be the only option for those who did not pre-order but are hoping not to wait a month for a new device.
It’s here! pic.twitter.com/0VaCqedtm8 — Stuart Johnson (@S2_) September 23, 2021
Following New Zealand and Australia, the sales and deliveries of the new iPhone and iPad models will begin in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and then North America. Apple Stores globally are opening up right around 8:00 a.m. local time to allow customers to pick up reserved devices and make walk-in purchases.
Make sure to stay tuned to MacRumors tomorrow and throughout next week, because we'll have plenty of iPhone 13 and iPad mini coverage that includes a hands-on, in-depth camera comparisons, teardowns, and more. And if you got one of the new iPhone 13 models or an iPad mini, make sure to share photos below and let us know what you think of it!
Top Rated Comments
For people coming from an iPhone XR/XS, 11, etc, it's not boring at all.
To people like me with older iPhones who genuinely need to upgrade, this is a well worthy one.
All Apple had to do was announce ProMotion and that sealed the deal for me. Don’t care how useless others find it, having a fluid software experience is a big deal to me and makes interacting with a device that much nicer and well worth it. That along with all the camera upgrades, way longer battery life and triple the RAM from my current iPhone is an amazing upgrade for me. I am really going to feel all those differences.
* The new phone feels does not feel any heavier in the hands than the 12 Pro Max
* The smaller notch is not that noticeable. But the font size in the status bar on either side of the notch seems to have increased, and they've moved it down from the top of the display. Why not keep the same font and position and add an extra icon or two?
* Sierra blue is absolutely stunning in person. It looks more steel / ice / glacial blue and not so much baby / powder blue. The colour on that stainless steel band is beautiful. Like the Pacific Blue last year, you get different colours in different lighting conditions
* Promotion display - Just WOW. Never had a Samsung 120Hz screen before so I didn’t even realise how smooth scrolling, swiping between pages on the Home Screen and watching videos can be. It’s worth every penny and is very noticeable even to untrained eyes like mine.
* Display is cooler than the 12 Pro Max display and no yellow tint when put side by side against each other.
* It pairs perfectly with the Apple dark cherry and sequoia green leather case,
* MagSafe magnet attachment does not seem any stronger than last year
More discussions over here https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-13-pro-max-is-here-first-impressions-and-photos-thread.2312970/?post=30334226#post-30334226