1Password Releases Safari Extension for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15

With the release of iOS and iPadOS 15 today, the popular password management app 1Password has released an accompanying update that brings its desktop-class extension to the iPhone and iPad.

1password safari extension
With iOS and iPadOS 15, Apple allows Safari extensions developers to release their previously exclusive Safari for Mac extensions to the ‌iPhone‌ and ‌iPad‌, allowing users to use extensions on all of their devices. 1Password was one of the first to tease support earlier in June, and with its latest App Store update today, it's bringing it to all users.

With its Safari extension on ‌iPhone‌ and ‌iPad‌, 1Password users now have immediate access to all their passwords and 1Password entries right inside of Safari, including in-page suggestions. 1Password for Safari uses on-device machine learning to automatically fill in the login process of complicated websites and even automatically fills in two-factor authentication codes.

On iPadOS 15, 1Password's extension is even more feature-rich, featuring a complete in-Safari user interface that "turbocharges any ‌iPad‌." 1Password along with its Safari extension is introducing other app improvements and bug fixes. Users can learn more about 1Password's announcement over on its blog.

Related Forum: iOS 15

iOS 17

Apple Sheds More Light on iOS 17.5 Bug That Resurfaced Deleted Photos

Friday May 24, 2024 2:36 am PDT by

mattwolfmatt Avatar

I'm still using old version I will never use subscription what if they get hacked all your passwords for every single sites you visit will exposed?
This isn’t how it works. Nothing would be exposed.

More info here: https://blog.1password.com/what-if-1password-gets-hacked/

My 1Password subscription is the best money I spend each year.
ck2875 Avatar
I was excited to see this until the plug-in notified me that it doesn’t support standalone vaults and asked me to subscribe. I just disabled it instead, since I have no interest in their subscription. Particularly now that Keychain natively supports 2FA.
noraa Avatar

They just screwed thousands of users by removing the standalone feature in version 7.8 without warning. Glad I didn't hit the update button.
The standalone 1P 7.8 iOS and Mac app do still support local vaults, it’s just the new iOS Safari extension that doesn’t support them. 1P 8 is the version that will completely drop local vaults.

I’ve used and loved 1P for a good decade now, but with their latest dumb decisions, it’s time to move on. It really sucks, almost feels like a break-up, but sh*t happens I guess.
techpr Avatar

The subscription has nothing to do with hosting in the cloud.

Every password manager out there uses cloud hosting, including Apple. 1Password is the most secure and robust of all. I have been using it from 13 years.
canadianreader Avatar
*warning* 7.8 is a subscription only app. If you use a standalone vault on icloud or dropbox you lose that functionality after updating to 7.8. FYI they didn't include a warning in the update log.
usagora Avatar