Apple Music Introduces Animated Playlist Artwork in iOS 14 Beta

Apple Music will receive a number of design changes in iOS 14, including a new "Listen Now" tab, improved search, and Autoplay. Another small design update is larger playlist artwork, and today Benjamin Mayo with 9to5Mac shared how some of these designs now include animated art.

musicappios14
On the new Listen Now tab, a "Top Picks" section includes oversized icons for playlists, radio stations, albums, and more, all of which ‌Apple Music‌ thinks you'll like. This week on the iOS 14 developer beta, some of these playlists have now received animated artwork, which you can see in the video below.

This appears to mainly be focused on Apple's own curated playlists, like "Party Starters," as well as your personally curated Mixes. The animations are short and appear similar to live wallpapers on iOS, showcasing brief and colorful sequences that apparently loop infinitely.

Besides ‌Apple Music‌, there will be numerous changes in iOS 14. You can read up on all of the updates that have been announced and discovered in our full iOS 14 roundup.

Related Forum: iOS 14

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

blueslothking Avatar
Oversized icons for playlists = can only see one icon at a time. This is less user friendly.

I would love for their to be at least one tab in Music that is customizable.
andrewmdunne Avatar
If the recommendations are as bad in 'Listen Now' as they are in 'For You', does it matter how well they dress it up?
Waterndirt Avatar
What would be really nice is if Apple allowed me to see more than three tiles of music selection. I don't need animations, I don't need lyrics, so disappointed with Music. I want to see music choices!
AngerDanger Avatar

I would love for their to be at least one tab in Music that is customizable.

I wholeheartedly agree; it seems with each new release of iOS, Apple Music eats up more space in the already crammed music player.

If you just want to play your own music, you now have two tabs at the bottom and an extra three you'll only ever use if you mistakenly tap on.

Older is not always better, but damn do I miss when there were independent tabs for Songs, Playlists, Artists, Albums, and you could rearrange them:

Attachment Image
adampk17 Avatar
I would be happy if Apple Music just stopped frequently mixing country songs in with my metal stations. I feel like I'm paying a subscription fee each month so I can get trolled.
Waterndirt Avatar

Or a classical tune in my Rolling Stones Essentials!