Apple Reopening 25 US Stores and 12 in Canada This Week
Apple will reopen more than 25 stores across the U.S. and 12 stores in Canada this week, reports Bloomberg's Mark Gurman.
The decision follows a published letter on Sunday from the company's senior VP of retail, Deirdre O'Brien, detailing the safety measures that Apple is taking as it gradually re-opens stores across the globe. These include temperature checks conducted at the door, limited occupancy, and a renewed emphasis on one-to-one service. As an alternative to entering some physical stores, customers can also expect to see curb-side pickup and drop off options.
Apple has already opened over 100 stores globally, with many of those stores located in China, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Australia as nationwide lockdowns ease.
Apple's store list includes the following openings for this week:
- California: Roseville, Arden Fair (Sacramento), Higuera Street (San Luis Obispo)
- Colorado: The Promenade Shops at Briargate (Colorado Springs)
- Florida: Altamonte Springs (Altamonte), St. Johns Town Center (Jacksonville), Florida Mall (Orlando), Millenia (Orlando)
- Hawaii: Ala Moana (Honolulu), Kahala (Honolulu), Royal Hawaiian (Honolulu)
- Washington: Bellevue Square (Bellevue), Alderwood (Lynnwood), University Village (Seattle), River Park Square (Spokane), Tacoma Mall (Tacoma), Southcenter (Tukwila)
- California: Valley Plaza (Bakersfield), Fashion Fair (Fresno), Vintage Faire (Modesto), Del Monte (Monterey)
- Oklahoma: Penn Square (Oklahoma City), Woodland Hills (Tulsa)
- Arkansas: The Promenade at Chenal (Little Rock)
- Florida: Brandon, University Town Center (Sarasota), International Plaza (Tampa)
- British Columbia: Metrotown (Burnaby), Coquitlam Centre (Coquitlam), Richmond Centre (Richmond), Guildford Town Centre (Surrey), Oakridge Centre (Vancouver), Pacific Centre (Vancouver)
- Manitoba: Polo Park (Winnipeg)
- Nova Scotia: Halifax Shopping Centre (Halifax)
- Alberta: Chinook Centre (Calgary), Market Mall (Calgary), Southgate Centre (Edmonton), West Edmonton (Edmonton)
iOS 17.2 has been in beta testing for over a month, and it should be released to all users in a few more weeks. The software update includes many new features and changes for iPhones, including the dozen that we have highlighted below. iOS 17.2 is expected to be released to the public in mid-December. To learn about even more features coming in the update, check out our full list. Journal ...
Unidentified governments are surveilling smartphone users by tracking push notifications that move through Google's and Apple's servers, a US senator warned on Wednesday (via Reuters). In a letter to the Department of Justice, Senator Ron Wyden said foreign officials were demanding the data from the tech giants to track smartphones. The traffic flowing from apps that send push notifications...
Apple today released new firmware update for both the Lightning and USB-C versions of the AirPods Pro 2. The new firmware is version 6B34, up from the 6B32 firmware introduced in November. Apple does not provide details on what features might be included in the refreshed firmware beyond "bug fixes and other improvements," so it is unclear what's new in the update, but prior software releases ...
Apple's Korean suppliers have begun developing smartphone under-display cameras (UDC), paving the way for the first iPhone with a true "all-screen" appearance. According to The Elec, LG Innotek has entered the preliminary development of the UDC, which sits under the display and does not result in a visible hole in the panel when the camera is not in use. A UDC differs from a typical front ...
Recently, MacRumors has received details on the battery currently being tested on the upcoming fourth-generation iPhone SE, and the information corroborates previous findings in relation to the device. The iPhone SE 4, known by its device identifier D59, is expected to use the exact same battery found in the base model iPhone 14. Partially assembled prototypes of the next iPhone SE have been ...
The iOS 17.2 update that Apple is set to release to the public in the near future will bring support for the next-generation Qi2 wireless charging standard to the iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 models. Qi2 was mentioned in the release notes for the RC version of the update that came out today. With the addition of support for the new standard, iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 models will work with Qi2...
Today we're tracking a collection of deals that are matching - or nearly matching - the same all-time low discounts we saw during Black Friday. This includes the AirPods Pro 2 with USB-C, 9th generation iPad, and M1 MacBook Air. Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the ...
To boost falling iPad sales, Apple has a major refresh planned for the iPad lineup in early 2024, according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman. Apple plans to debut new iPad Air and iPad Pro models, both of which will feature notable changes. The iPad Air will come in two sizes like the iPad Pro for the first time. The smaller model will continue to measure in at 10.9 inches, but the larger version...