Apple Reopening 25 US Stores and 12 in Canada This Week
Apple will reopen more than 25 stores across the U.S. and 12 stores in Canada this week, reports Bloomberg's Mark Gurman.
The decision follows a published letter on Sunday from the company's senior VP of retail, Deirdre O'Brien, detailing the safety measures that Apple is taking as it gradually re-opens stores across the globe. These include temperature checks conducted at the door, limited occupancy, and a renewed emphasis on one-to-one service. As an alternative to entering some physical stores, customers can also expect to see curb-side pickup and drop off options.
Apple has already opened over 100 stores globally, with many of those stores located in China, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Australia as nationwide lockdowns ease.
Apple's store list includes the following openings for this week:
- California: Roseville, Arden Fair (Sacramento), Higuera Street (San Luis Obispo)
- Colorado: The Promenade Shops at Briargate (Colorado Springs)
- Florida: Altamonte Springs (Altamonte), St. Johns Town Center (Jacksonville), Florida Mall (Orlando), Millenia (Orlando)
- Hawaii: Ala Moana (Honolulu), Kahala (Honolulu), Royal Hawaiian (Honolulu)
- Washington: Bellevue Square (Bellevue), Alderwood (Lynnwood), University Village (Seattle), River Park Square (Spokane), Tacoma Mall (Tacoma), Southcenter (Tukwila)
- California: Valley Plaza (Bakersfield), Fashion Fair (Fresno), Vintage Faire (Modesto), Del Monte (Monterey)
- Oklahoma: Penn Square (Oklahoma City), Woodland Hills (Tulsa)
- Arkansas: The Promenade at Chenal (Little Rock)
- Florida: Brandon, University Town Center (Sarasota), International Plaza (Tampa)
- British Columbia: Metrotown (Burnaby), Coquitlam Centre (Coquitlam), Richmond Centre (Richmond), Guildford Town Centre (Surrey), Oakridge Centre (Vancouver), Pacific Centre (Vancouver)
- Manitoba: Polo Park (Winnipeg)
- Nova Scotia: Halifax Shopping Centre (Halifax)
- Alberta: Chinook Centre (Calgary), Market Mall (Calgary), Southgate Centre (Edmonton), West Edmonton (Edmonton)
Continuing the tradition set with the iPhone 13 Pro, only the highest-end iPhone 14 models will feature Apple's ProMotion display technology, according to a respected display analyst.
Ross Young, who on multiple occasions has detailed accurate information about Apple's future products, said in a tweet that ProMotion will not be expanded to the entire iPhone 14 lineup and will remain...
Apple's second-generation AirPods Pro could arrive alongside a new series of accessories, recent leaked images suggest.
Alleged leaked photos of the next-generation AirPods Pro obtained by MacRumors showed a charging case with a metal loop on the side for attaching a strap. Apple has not used this design for any of its other AirPod models and it is unclear why it would be added in this...
Much has been said about what consumers could see from Apple in 2022, but the company is also working on a handful of rumored products that aren't expected to be unveiled for at least another 12 months, and in some cases a lot longer. Of course, that's assuming they get released at all. Apple works on many potential products some of which ultimately never see the light of day. With that in...
In a nutshell, the bug allows any website that uses IndexedDB to access the names of IndexedDB databases generated by other websites during a user's browsing session....
Apple is planning to release a fifth-generation iPad Air with similar features as the sixth-generation iPad mini, including an A15 Bionic chip, 12-megapixel Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage support, 5G for cellular models, and Quad-LED True Tone flash, according to Japanese blog Mac Otakara.
Citing reliables sources in China, the report claims that the new iPad Air could be...
Netflix today updated the prices for its streaming plans, and all of its offerings are now more expensive. The Basic plan is now priced at $9.99 per month, the Standard plan is priced at $15.49 per month, and the Premium plan is priced at $19.99 per month.
The Basic plan is $1 more expensive, up from $8.99 per month. This plan allows users to watch on just one screen at a time, and it limits ...
Hole-punch? Pill? Hole-punch and pill? Rumors about what the front camera system on the iPhone 14 Pro will look like are evolving rapidly, and it now appears we might be getting a novel but potentially controversial design later this year.
Other major stories this week included some confusion and controversy about iCloud Private Relay being disabled for some T-Mobile customers, increasing...
Apple is rumored to announce four new iPhone 14 models in September, and ahead of time, analyst Jeff Pu has outlined his expectations for the devices.
In a research note with Haitong International Securities, obtained by MacRumors, Pu claimed that all iPhone 14 models will feature ProMotion displays, compared to only Pro models currently. ProMotion enables a variable refresh rate up to 120Hz ...