Apple Watch Series 6 and watchOS 7 to Feature Watch Face Sharing, Parental Controls and More
- Share Your Face - watchOS 7 will allow users to share specific watch face configurations with one another.
- Infograph Pro Watch Face - There's a new Infograph Pro watch face that includes a tachymeter. A tachymeter can be used to compute speed based on travel time.
- Photos Watch Faces - In watchOS 7, watch faces created from photos can be made using a shared album in addition to individual photos and groups of photos from albums.
- Parental Controls - watchOS 7 will add features for managing an Apple Watch for a child with a parent's phone.
- Schooltime - Allows parents to manage which apps and complications can be used during specific hours.
- Control Center - Control center will feature new toggles for sleep mode and noise detection.
- Architecture - In watchOS 7, apps are no longer based on extensions, which is a holdover from when apps required a phone app to function. That was eliminated in watchOS 6, and now in watchOS 7, apps will not have an extension base.
Apple Watch Series 6 and watchOS 7 are expected to include a sleep tracking feature, which has been rumored many times before. The feature is allegedly confirmed within the iOS 14 code, and a user will be able to set a personalized sleep goal in the Health app on iPhone, which will also offer up recommendations for improving sleep.
Details on watchOS 7 will be unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference, but anything that also requires Apple Watch Series 6 will be hidden until the fall when new Apple Watch models are expected to debut.