Apple Begins Selling Certified Refurbished 16-Inch MacBook Pro Models Internationally
Apple has been offering certified refurbished 16-inch MacBook Pro models in the United States for a couple of weeks now, but today it started selling refurb 16-inch models through its international online stores for the first time since the notebook was released in November 2019. All of the refurbished configurations are discounted by 15 percent compared to the equivalent brand new models.
In the United Kingdom for example, a Silver 16-inch MacBook Pro 2.6GHz 6-core Intel Core i7 is listed for £2,039, down from £2,399, offering a £360 saving on the original price. The same savings are being offered on a Space Grey 16-inch MacBook Pro with matching specs.
Refurbished 16-inch MacBook Pro models have also been spotted in Apple's online refurb stores in Germany and Japan.
Apple says refurbished 16-inch MacBook Pro models are thoroughly inspected, tested, cleaned, and repackaged with a 96W USB-C power adapter and USB-C cable in the box. In our view, a refurbished MacBook Pro is virtually indistinguishable from a brand new model, so this represents a good opportunity for savings.
Keep in mind that third-party resellers frequently offer better deals than Apple's refurbished prices, so be sure to shop around.
A refurbished MacBook Pro comes with Apple's standard one-year warranty effective on the date the notebook is delivered. The warranty can be extended to three years from the refurbished purchase date with AppleCare+ for Mac, which costs £399 for the 16-inch MacBook Pro in the U.K.
Top Rated Comments
Remember the people who come to the forums usually are having issues. I stopped visiting the MacBook Pro forum here once my issues (popping speakers) were resolved by a software update.
A "Pro" machine that gets really hot and get the fans running at 4000 RPM (when the max is 5000) just by connecting an external monitor and the CPU and GPU load is less than 2% is not a good machine and forget about being Pro.
I am and many other users see apple forum are facing several bugs with my new Macbook Pro 16 i9 AMD Radeon 5500M:
* Blue Pixel Tint on internal and external display with AMD on
* Drains constantly 20w Power with AMD on when connected to external display
* Drains 10w power when AMD Radeon with only internal display on. Cant deactivate discrete graphis, so battery drains fast even when you dont need the power like with sketch or some chrome sites in idle, they turn AMD on.
* This leads to hot MBP 16 and fans noise even while doing normal low cpu stuff like internet and sketch design. 2015 MBP was dead silent.
* Throttles CPU 10% with AMD (just because connected to external monitor, 20w AMD power supply!) while heavy cpu load (video conversion)
* Drains constantly battery under heavy load like video conversion in handbrake while connected to Power (140w peak Power and 100w+ permanent use)
This MacBook AMD Combo is still beta.
Will return my 2nd MBP 16 tomorrow and wait until apple fixes these issues