Apple Seeds Second Beta of tvOS 13.3 Update to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming tvOS 13.3 update to developers, one week after seeding the first beta and two weeks after releasing the tvOS 13.2 update.

Designed for the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models, the new tvOS 13.3 developer beta can be downloaded onto the ‌‌Apple TV‌‌ via a profile that's installed using Xcode.


tvOS updates (aside from major releases) have historically been minor in scale, focusing on under-the-hood bug fixes and improvements rather than major outward-facing changes. Apple provides little to no information on what's included in tvOS beta updates, so we may not discover any major changes after installing the software.

The update does, however, include a useful new setting that's designed to let you change the main banner interface in the TV+ app from What to Watch to Up Next, which shows content from shows that you're already watching instead of show suggestions.

The option can be accessed by going to the Settings app, choosing Apps, and selecting the TV app. From there, select Home Screen and choose "Up Next" in the "Top Shelf" section.

While we don't often know full details about what's new in tvOS during the beta testing process, we let MacRumors readers know when new updates are available so those who are developers can download it upon release.

Related Roundups: Apple TV, tvOS 13
Buyer's Guide: Apple TV (Don't Buy)

Top Rated Comments

(View all)
Avatar
4 weeks ago
any reference to a new apple tv model? waiting on that...
Rating: 6 Votes
Avatar
4 weeks ago
Still looking for support for dual BT audio streaming (audio to two people’s headphones) like iOS now can.
Rating: 3 Votes
Avatar
4 weeks ago


no kidding! With Disney+ here (and I’m using free streaming services more and more) I could really use a dedicated streaming device, but I’m not buying a $180 device that’s past due on replacement and has limited OS support left. Years, hopefully, but still.

I broke down and replaced my ATV4 with an ATV4K this past weekend, after waiting a long time for an "ATV5" to appear. I figure if they do drop one in the next couple weeks, then I'll take this one back, and if it doesn't appear in the next couple weeks, then it won't surface until spring at the earliest (at which point I'd probably buy one and hand the ATV4K off to a relative).
Rating: 1 Votes
[ Read All Comments ]