Apple Looking to Bundle Services Like Apple Music and Apple TV+ for One Flat Monthly Rate

Apple is in early discussions with record labels about bundling Apple Music and Apple TV+ as part of a "super-bundle of media content" for one flat monthly rate, according to a report from the Financial Times.

apple tv plus and apple music
While some record labels are said to be open to the idea, the report claims at least one big label has voiced concerns, adding that the industry is growing more wary about its relationship with Apple. In particular, the report claims record labels are worried that the bundle would lead to lost revenue.

The report adds that the two sides have not yet discussed a pricing formula, so it is unclear what Apple would charge for its Apple Music and Apple TV+ bundle. It is also unclear if the bundle would extend to Apple's other subscription-based offerings like Apple News+, Apple Arcade, AppleCare+, and iCloud storage.

Apple Music costs $9.99 per month for individuals in the United States, with a $4.99 tier for students. Apple TV+ will cost $4.99 per month, with a free one-year subscription available to customers who purchase any iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, or Mac as of September 10 and later.

The total cost of Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple News+, and Apple Arcade rounds to $30 per month, so the bundle would presumably undercut that amount to incentivize customers to subscribe to all of the services.

Apple TV+ launches November 1.

iOS 18 CarPlay Feature

iOS 18 Adds These 5 New Features to CarPlay

Thursday June 13, 2024 7:44 am PDT by
ios 18 button bulge

iOS 18 Adds Pop-Out Bezel Animation When Pressing iPhone Buttons

Tuesday June 11, 2024 10:40 am PDT by
iOS 18 includes a small but interesting change for the buttons on the iPhone, adding more of a visual element when changing volume, activating the Action button, or locking the screen. When you press an iPhone button in iOS 18, the display bezel bulges outward slightly. This feature is available for the volume buttons, Action button and the power button, and it will also likely be used for...
maxresdefault

First Look at Messages via Satellite in iOS 18

Thursday June 13, 2024 11:29 am PDT by
iOS 18 Wallet Feature

Here's What's New in Apple Wallet on iOS 18 for Event Tickets and More

Friday June 14, 2024 7:32 am PDT by

Razeus Avatar
I would personally like that. All their services for $24.99 and family accounts for $39.99. Music, TV, Arcade, News, and 1TB of cloud storage.

Please and thank you.
jst_testing Avatar
With storage! I think that's one place Apple can price better to include as part of a package
LiE_ Avatar
This how Apple dominate in the future, wrapping everything into a nice bundle with an attractive monthly price.
jonnyb098 Avatar

I guess I am not a target customer? I am not subscribed to any of these services. iCloud is expensive and clunky, probably the poorest cloud service out there feature-wise.

I have my music on my iPod and I don't find the need to pay monthly to listen to my music, if a song I like comes out, I will get it and put it in my list... it is that simple.

And Apple TV+... The only reason I will have it is because it came free with my purchase.

Apple News, who that?
iCloud is on average $36 per year for 250gb of storage.

Why anyone is NOT using iCloud is completely beyond me if you have multiple apple devices or a family with multiple devices. It's the one NO BRAINER everyone should be taking advantage of.
Baymowe335 Avatar
Offering another bundled option for a slightly discounted rate is a good idea.

They should keep the a la carte as well.
GeoStructural Avatar

Apple News, who that?

Edit: I DO have a cloud service... it just happen to be a better option than iCloud.