Apple Maps Gains Transit Directions for Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland

Apple Maps today gained comprehensive transit directions for Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland, in the largest single combined update to its European coverage thus far.

apple maps sweden denmark
The coverage includes train, tram, and bus routes in the capital cities of each country, including Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and Helsinki, as well as funicular connections where available and transit links across borders.

Apple has yet to update its official list of locations for which Maps offers Transit data, but the information is already live across Europe.

Google Maps has supported transit directions for several years now, but ‌Apple Maps‌ has been steadily catching up with detailed routing information in recent years.

Transit coverage began in 2015 with an initial rollout in Baltimore, Berlin, Boston, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, Mexico City, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Sydney, Toronto, and China. Since then, Apple has expanded the feature to many other regions around the world.

(Thanks, Bernd and Noah!)

iOS 18 CarPlay Feature

iOS 18 Adds These 5 New Features to CarPlay

Thursday June 13, 2024 7:44 am PDT by
iOS 18 Wallet Feature

Here's What's New in Apple Wallet on iOS 18 for Event Tickets and More

Friday June 14, 2024 7:32 am PDT by
maxresdefault

First Look at Messages via Satellite in iOS 18

Thursday June 13, 2024 11:29 am PDT by
iOS 18 Siri Integrated Feature

You Can Give Siri a New Name With iOS 18's Vocal Shortcuts

Friday June 14, 2024 4:33 pm PDT by
Apple in iOS 18 added a Vocal Shortcuts accessibility feature, and now that iOS 18 is available in a beta capacity, users have figured out that this option can be used to give Siri a new wake word. With Vocal Shortcuts, you can assign a custom phrase that Siri can understand to launch shortcuts and complete "complex tasks," and one of the shortcuts you can set up is an alternative for "Hey...

ivan86 Avatar
Ok, so I just tried this with the route I take every day. It tells me to go off the train a station too early and then walk for 3.3 Km when I could just continue to the next station and take a buss that would drop me less than 100 m from my destination. Google maps gives me the correct path. (This is in Sweden)
Check if Apple Health setting is on in options;-)
szw-mapple fan Avatar
Up to you, but you can report it to Apple. They’re pretty good about fixing these, and the app usually comes back to tell you it’s been fixed within a week.
Mac-lover3 Avatar
Why is Apple so behing Goole on this and what takes them so long to expand their coverage? TERRIBLE.
Because the data is way better for Transit at least also I don't think the roll-out is going slowly anymore in the last 2 months they added over 5 countries.
[doublepost=1548080062][/doublepost]
As a global maps app it's a lost battle, might work fine here and there, but they are so far behind in data. Street names and turns when too long take about half the screen's height, the arrow icon many times won't even sync real time with the map you have to constantly refresh it to keep up.
Is it though? It started as one of the worst experiences I've had with any map app. It's now my go to at least here in Europe.
edvj Avatar
That’s great,just tried it on my daily route which includes walking->bus->train->bus->walking and it worked perfect,now please update the 5+ years old satellite maps.
PimpDaddy Avatar
Nice! Can't wait to test it out when getting around in Copenhagen. If they could now just add bicycle routes I can finally get rid of Google Maps :)
plexdk Avatar
Now we just need bicycle routes in Denmark!