Black Friday 2018: Best Deals on Apple's Latest iPhones and iPhone Accessories
Though the iPhone lineup was just refreshed in September and October with the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR, carriers and third-party retailers are offering a selection of deals on the new smartphone.
Unfortunately, iPhone deals rarely come without strings attached, so to get one of these discounts, be prepared to purchase a device on a carrier installment plan and make sure to read all of the fine print when signing up.
iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR
Walmart has the best deal on the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR, offering a $300 Walmart gift card with the purchase of one of these new devices. The iPhones must be purchased on a qualifying AT&T Next, Sprint, or Verizon device payment plan, ruling out T-Mobile.
Walmart's deal is valid in Walmart retail stores only, so you're going to need to venture out in Black Friday crowds to get it. Walmart opens at 6:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
If you prefer to shop at Target, you can get a $250 Target gift card with the purchase of an iPhone XS or XS Max on Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T. Once again, an activation plan is required, with 24 months of installment payments.
For those who want straight cash, Best Buy is offering a $150 discount on the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR with qualified activation.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, or X
Walmart also has the best deal on the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, or X, offering an even larger $400 Walmart gift card with the purchase of one of these devices. The iPhones must be purchased on a qualifying AT&T Next, Sprint, or Verizon device payment plan, ruling out T-Mobile.
As mentioned above, Walmart's deal is valid in Walmart retail stores only. Walmart opens at 6:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
For those who prefer to shop at Target, the retailer is offering a $150 Target gift card with the purchase of a device on a Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile activation plan.
If you want a straight cash discount, Best Buy is offering a $200 discount on the iPhone X with qualified activation.
Apple's iPhone Deals
Apple is offering a $50 Apple Store gift card with the purchase of a SIM-free iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, or iPhone 7 Plus starting Black Friday through Cyber Monday. The deal does not apply to the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR, purchases via the iPhone Upgrade Program, or carrier-locked iPhones.
The deals are available via Apple.com, by phone at 1-800-APPLE, and at Apple Stores in the United States. Gift card values vary in other participating countries.
There are specific carrier deals on some of Apple's newest iPhones as well, for those who prefer going with a carrier discount.
T-Mobile is offering the iPhone XR at no cost when activating two lines and trading in an eligible smartphone.
With the purchase of an iPhone XR, XS, XS Max, or X, Verizon is offering a $100 discount for existing customers and a $300 discount when adding a new line. A trade-in of an older device is required, and the phone must be purchased on a device payment plan.
Sprint is offering a free iPhone XR with the lease of an iPhone XS, XS Max, or X. The deal requires two new lines or one new and one upgrade, along with an 18-month lease.
Deals on iPhone-Related Accessories
- Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones - $179.99 from Target, down from $299.99
- Powerbeats 3 Wireless - $99.99 from Best Buy, down from $199.99
- BeatsX headphones - $75.00 from Walmart, down from $109
- Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones II - $299, down from $349 from Jet
- Select Belkin charging products - 30% off from Target
- Apple iPhone cases - 10% off from Best Buy
- Incipio iPhone cases - 40% off
- Griffin iPhone accessories - 40% off
- Incase iPhone cases - 50% off
- Mujjo Touchscreen Gloves - 25% off with coupon code #macrumors
- Nimble battery packs and wireless chargers - 20 to 30% off
- Speck iPhone cases - 30% off
- Casetify iPhone cases - 15 to 30% off
- RAVPower Qi-Certified 7.5W Fast Wireless Charger - $23.99 with code 4CYG3T3L, down from $29.99
- RAVPower 6,700 mAh External Battery Packs with Dual USB Wall Charger - $22.94 with code MXTFAJRA, down from $26.99
- Twelve South PowerPic Wireless Charger - $70, down from $80
- Twelve South Journal for iPhone XS/XR - $45 to $65, down from $70 to $80
- Bookbook for iPhone - $40, down from $60
- HiRise Duet for iPhone and Apple Watch - $60, down from $120
- HiRise Deluxe 2 for iPhone - $30, down from $60
More Black Friday Deals
We've got Black Friday deals on Apple's entire product lineup along with a long list of sites that are offering additional discounts on accessories, so for a full list of everything that you can get at a discount today, make sure to check out our full Black Friday roundup. See additional discounts on the iPad that are worth sharing? Make sure to mention them in the comments and feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.