Apple Rises to Sixth in LinkedIn's 2018 List of Top Companies to Work, Trails Amazon, Alphabet, and Facebook
Apple is ranked sixth on LinkedIn's annual list of the top 50 companies where professionals most want to work in the United States.
Apple moved up one spot after ranking seventh in 2017. The top five spots belong to Amazon, Alphabet, Facebook, Salesforce, and Tesla, while NBCUniversal, The Walt Disney Company, Oracle, and Netflix round off the top ten.
LinkedIn says the list is based on billions of data points generated by over 546 million users on the site, with four areas of focus: interest in the company, engagement with the company's employees, job demand, and employee retention.
- Job demand: At what rate are people viewing and applying to job postings, including paid listings, unpaid ones and those linked from other sites?
- Engagement with the company: How many professionals are viewing a company's career page? How many new followers has the company attracted?
- Interest in its employees: How many non-employees are viewing and asking to connect with a company's employees?
- Retention: Are employees sticking around for at least a year?
It's worth noting that many different lists are published each year, and the results can often vary significantly. In December, for example, Apple ranked 84th on Glassdoor's annual list of the best companies to work at in the United States.
2018 LinkedIn Top Companies:
- The Walt Disney Company
- McKinsey & Company
- Time Warner Inc.
- Dell Technologies
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Goldman Sachs
- The Boston Consulting Group
- Live Nation Entertainment
- Morgan Stanley
- National Basketball Association
- National Football League
- Capital One
- Johnson & Johnson
- Tableau Software
LinkedIn shared similar lists for other countries, including Canada, Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom.