Apple says Turi Create is easy to use, has a visual focus, is fast and scalable, and is flexible. Turi Create is designed to export models to Core ML for use in iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS apps. From the Turi Create Github repository:
- Easy-to-use: Focus on tasks instead of algorithms
- Visual: Built-in, streaming visualizations to explore your data
- Flexible: Supports text, images, audio, video and sensor data
- Fast and Scalable: Work with large datasets on a single machine
- Ready To Deploy: Export models to Core ML for use in iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS apps
Turi Create covers several common scenarios including recommender systems, image classification, image similarity, object detection, activity classifier, and text classifier.
Apple purchased this technology back in August of 2016 when it acquired machine learning and AI startup Turi.