Waze, the largest community-based traffic and navigation app on iPhone and iPad, has been updated today with a new "Planned Drives" feature that enables users to schedule an upcoming drive and receive a reminder to leave on time. Estimated drive times are updated based on live traffic conditions in the area.
Now you’ll always know when to go! Enter the time and date you need to arrive and Waze will recommend the best time to leave. You’ll also receive a reminder closer to your event with an updated departure time based upon real-time road conditions. Just set it and forget it.
"Planned Drives" can be accessed by entering a destination or tapping the Waze icon in the bottom-left corner of the app on version 4.3.0 or later. Users can then set a starting location, destination, and the time and day they plan to leave, and then tap "save" to confirm. Tap on the trip at any time to begin receiving directions.
Facebook and Calendar events can also be synced to automatically become Planned Drives.
The latest version of Waze also includes some smaller improvements:
* The Waze Traffic Bar now shows the reason for a jam (if one is known) like an accident or object on the road
* Waze now mutes automatically during an incoming or outgoing phone call
* Bugs and stability fixes
Waze is free on the App Store for iPhone and iPad.
Top Rated Comments
2. Report the incident to Waze so that it can show the traffic issue
3. Take a selfie next to the biggest dent to post to Facebook. Must get some more "likes"
4. Call 911 if you are still functional after #1-3
5. Wave to the rubber neckers who creep by at 3mph even after the lane(s) is cleared because they just must take a look.
When alerting other drivers to traffic or hazards an alert pops up warning for passenger/driver attentiveness.