Apple Pay Gains 54 New Participating Issuers in United States

Apple-PayApple updated its Apple Pay participating issuers list today with 54 additional banks, credit unions and financial institutions supporting the contactless payment service in the United States. Apple Pay now has over 650 participating issuers nationwide, and several more plan to support the NFC-based mobile payment service in the future.

The newly added Apple Pay participating issuers are reflected below, although it's worth noting that some banks, credit unions and financial institutions listed may have already had support for the contactless payments service and are only now being reflected on Apple's website.

The full list of new Apple Pay participating issuers:

• Citizens First Bank

• Cornerstone Bank

• Cornerstone National Bank

• Credit Union of America

• Drummond Community Bank

• Education Employees Credit Union

• First Community Credit Union (MO)

• First Federal Bank of the Midwest

• UMassFive College Federal Credit Union

• United Equity Credit Union

• United Savings Credit Union

• University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union

• Upper Peninsula State Bank

• Weokie Credit Union

Apple Pay remains limited to the United States and United Kingdom, although Apple is committed to an international rollout of the mobile payments service in additional countries such as Australia and Canada in the future.

WSJ reported that Apple is planning a November launch of Apple Pay in Canada. Apple Pay will also be available to eligible American Express customers in Canada and Australia later this year, in addition to Spain, Singapore and Hong Kong in 2016.

Related Roundup: Apple Pay

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

nunes013 Avatar
Gets the Safari notification...sees 54 new banks and gets really excited...sees my bank isn't on there...excitement gone
jayducharme Avatar
For people who don't have supporting banks.. Why can't you just simply get a credit card from any one of the hundreds of banks that already do (e.g. Capital One, Baryclays, etc) and simply pay it through you're existing checking account?
It's mainly a matter of convenience. I'd rather not pay interest on a credit card. I don't want to deal with numerous bank accounts. I'm happy with the financial terms of my home bank where I have a debit card; I'd just like it more if they'd instituted ApplePay. I currently use ApplePay occasionally with my current credit card, but that institution provides plenty of financial safeguards already. My debit card is much less secure; ApplePay with that card would make up for that.
heryqk Avatar
It's great that the number of supporting banks is growing, but it's pointless if the service cannot be used in most places of business. The idea was that support would come as businesses replaced old POS to support PIN cards. With that said, I see new terminals at most stores now, yet none of them support NFC or the feature is disabled (Home Depot, Gas stations,etc.)

It's just a shame that such a great feature is going to waste.
xero9 Avatar
See, I'm the opposite. I'll charge everything to my credit card. During the McDonald's free small coffee promo I had to pay like 25 cents to get a larger sized coffee.. "Charge it!". With the cash back rewards it's a no brainer. If you're going to spend the money anyway, you might as well charge it to a credit card and then pay the balance. As long as you pay the "last statement balance" you don't have to pay interest. It's not like you're doing a cash advance or a line of credit type of deal.

But I understand your frustration.
jayducharme Avatar
Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of banks and businesses worldwide? That'd be awesome info to have.
Right here:

roland.g Avatar
It's not the banks. It's the number of supporting retailers.