Phil Schiller Goes on Offensive Against Android and Samsung

NewImageApple marketing chief Phil Schiller went on the offensive against Android in a unusually forthright interview with The Wall Street Journal.

Mr. Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of world-wide marketing, also said that Android users are often running old operating systems and that the fragmentation in the Android world was "plain and simple."

He added that "Android is often given a free replacement for a feature phone and the experience isn't as good as an iPhone."

In addition to the above comments, Schiller said that Android devices and the operating system "don't work seamlessly together" because they come from different vendors, unlike Apple which makes both the software and hardware in its devices.

Samsung is expected to announce an update to its flagship Galaxy S smartphone line tomorrow.

pandamonia Avatar
Yes and thats why your getting your ass kicked by Android.

I have owned the S3, Nexus 4 and the Note 2 and i can tell you fragmentation hasnt hurt my experience one bit.

PC's are fragmented to hell and they dont suffer. In fact OSX cant perform a single benchmark better than PC in any games.

Dont tell consumers its for their benefit you make the hardware and software. Its for your profit only
sciwizam Avatar
WSJ Article Headline: "In Rare Move, Apple Goes on the Defensive Against Samsung"

Macrumors Headline: "Phil Schiller Goes on Offensive Against Android and Samsung"

:rolleyes:
Nathan20 Avatar
Just speaking the truth
linsam Avatar
I call BS. I used an iPhone for over 5 years and recently switched from an iPhone 5 to the Note 2. Love the Note 2 and the whole Android experience. I have a deep respect for both platforms. There is no need to say one is better than the other. They are both great in their own way. Period.
JoEw Avatar
I really can't see what features a Android phone has that really make me think "Gee, I really wish I had an android phone."

but there are plenty of things that make me think

"Gee, I really am glad I don't have an android phone."

but that's just me :P
slffl Avatar
Yes and thats why your getting your ass kicked by Android.

Who makes more money? Google or Apple? Who's getting who's ass kicked?

Google makes $0 from Android. They are actually helping foreign companies and hurting American companies in the process.