Apple Releases Major Final Cut Pro X Update with Dual Viewers, Multichannel Audio Tools, RED Camera Support and More
Today, Apple released a major update to Final Cut Pro X that was promised back in April. The initial launch of Final Cut Pro X was met with significant criticism due to a lack of many features found in earlier versions of the software. Apple responded to the concerns with promises of updates.
, Apple even revealed many features that could be expected in Final Cut Pro X in 2012. These included Multichannel Audio Editing Tools, Dual Viewers, MXF Plug-in Support and RED camera support.
That version update was released today and includes a number of long awaited features:
• Expand multichannel audio files directly in the timeline for precise editing of individual audio channels
• Unified import window for transferring media from both file-based cameras and folders of files
• Redesigned Share interface for exporting projects and range selections to one or more destinations
• RED camera support with native REDCODE RAW editing and optional background transcode to Apple ProRes
• MXF plug-in support that allows you to work natively with MXF files from import through delivery using third-party plug-ins
• Dual viewers, each with a video scope display, let you compare shots to match action and color
• Option to add chapter markers in the timeline for export to video files, DVD, and Blu-ray disc
• Range selection now preserves start and end points in the Event Browser and allows you to create multiple range selections on a single clip
• Paste attributes window lets you choose specific effects to copy between clips
• Flexible Clip Connections allow you to keep Connected Clips in place when slipping, sliding or moving clips in the Primary Storyline
• Add a freeze frame to your timeline with a single keystroke
• Drop shadow effect with intuitive onscreen controls to adjust position, edge falloff, angle, and more
• New controls for combining audio from multiple angles within a Multicam Clip
• Compound Clip creation in the timeline now saves the clip in the Event Browser for re-use in other projects
• XML 1.2 featuring metadata import and export for richer integration with third-party apps
Final Cut Pro X is available in the Mac App Store for $299.99. The 10.0.6 update is free for current customers. [Mac App Store]
The European Parliament today voted overwhelmingly in favor of enforcing USB-C as a common charging port across a wide range of consumer electronic devices, including the iPhone and AirPods, by the end of 2024.
The proposal, known as a directive, forces all consumer electronics manufacturers who sell their products in Europe to ensure that a wide range of devices feature a USB-C port. This...
iOS 16 was released to the public three weeks ago with a customizable Lock Screen, the ability to edit iMessages, improvements to Focus modes, and much more. And in the coming months, iPhone and iPad users have even more new features to look forward to.
We've rounded up 10 new features coming to the iPhone and iPad later this year, according to Apple. Many of the features are part of iOS...
Apple is developing new iPad Pro, Mac, and Apple TV models, and at least some of these products will be released in October, according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman. However, Gurman continues to believe that Apple is unlikely to hold an event this month.
In the latest edition of his Power On newsletter, Gurman said "the big iPhone 14 unveiling last month was probably it for Apple in 2022 in...
iOS 16.0.2 was released last month with several bug fixes for iPhone 14 issues, excessive copy and paste permission prompts, and more. Now, evidence suggests that Apple is planning to release iOS 16.0.3 with additional bug fixes.
Evidence of an upcoming iOS 16.0.3 software update has shown up in MacRumors analytics logs, which have been a reliable indicator in the past.
There are several...
As of October 1, Apple SIM is no longer available for activating new cellular data plans on supported iPad models, according to an Apple support document.
Introduced in 2014, the Apple SIM was designed to allow iPad users to activate cellular data plans from multiple carriers around the world. Initially, the Apple SIM was a physical nano-SIM card, but it was embedded inside later iPad Pro...
Apple on September 23 officially launched the second-generation version of the AirPods Pro, introducing updated Active Noise Cancellation, Adaptive Transparency, improved sound, and more. Right around the same time, Bose introduced new QuietComfort II earbuds with many similar features, so we thought we'd compare the two to see which has the edge.
Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for ...
YouTube may make watching videos in 4K quality on the platform exclusive to only YouTube Premium subscribers, according to screenshots posted by users on Twitter and Reddit.
On Reddit (1,2) and Twitter, some users have started to recently notice that on iOS, and presumably across other platforms also, YouTube is now saying that in order to watch videos in 4K, the user must be a paying...
In a new interview, Apple's senior vice president of software engineering, Craig Federighi, and Apple's vice president of human interface design, Alan Dye, sat down to discuss the thinking behind the iPhone 14 Pro's Dynamic Island and how it was developed.
During the interview with the Japanese magazine Axis, Federighi, who oversees the development of iOS, said Dynamic Island represents the...