Complete 'iPhone 5' Front Panel and 4" Screen Photos
UBreakiFix has received these photos of the full front panel of the next generation iPhone from one of their distributors.
The parts don't appear to be particularly revealing. We've seen similar components before with the exception of a close look at the new iPhone's LCD screen.
The new screen is said to have increased to 4" in diagonal (up from 3.5") while preserving the same pixel density as the current iPhone design. This would provide apps with additional screen space to fill. UBreakiFix also provided a zoomed in photo of the top area with serial numbers and LCD connector.
The new iPhone is expected to be launched on September 12th.
Top Rated Comments
* New screen with several new technologies possible including in-cell, IGZO and gorilla glass 2.
* New housing with full metal back. 1.2mm thinner.
* New battery with a different chemistry.
* First non refresh iOS device with 32nm processor. All rumors say more than just an A5 die shrink.
* New dock connector.
* New headphone jack location.
* FaceTime camera moved.
* Thinner top and bottom bezels.
* New smaller SIM standard.
* Possible NFC.
* Possible 1GB RAM.
This is the most drastic generational change since it launched. I don't know what else you guys are expecting, and neither do you. Everyone fails to come up with an answer as to what would constitute a drastic change except a huge screen. Well, that's a user preference thing. Not everyone is going to be receptive to a 4.7" screen coming from a 3.5" screen so get over that idea.