iOS 5 Beta Available for Devs, First Hands On, and Gallery
BGR posts a hands on and screenshot gallery of the newly released iOS 5 developer beta which adds a number of new features to iOS. Here are some early observations:
• Preference to open pages in Safari in a new page or in background (amazing!).
• More alert choices for emails, calendar, and the ability to buy more.
• Ability to create keyboard shortcuts (autotext) to replace custom phrases. The default entry is “omw” which is replaced with, “On my way!”
• Software update option in settings to check for the latest OS.
• Sync now button to wireless sync to iTunes
• Ability to customize how notifications in Notification Center look — you can customize how many recent ones to show, 1, 5 or 10, if it’s showed in the lock screen, if it’s in Notification Center, and also the alert style, banner or alert style.
iOS 5 is due for general release in the fall, and is presently available for download for registered iOS developers.
Apple says iOS 16.4 is coming in the spring, which began this week. In his Sunday newsletter, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman said the update should be released "in the next three weeks or so," meaning a public release is likely in late March or early April.
iOS 16.4 remains in beta testing and introduces a handful of new features and changes for the iPhone. Below, we have recapped five new features ...
As previously rumored, the next-generation iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max will feature a unified volume button and a mute button, according to leaked CAD images shared in a video on the Chinese version of TikTok and posted to Twitter by ShrimpApplePro.
Instead of separate buttons for volume up and volume down, the iPhone 15 Pro models are expected to have a single elongated button for...
The iOS 16.4 update that is set to be released to the public in the near future includes voice isolation for cellular calls, according to notes that Apple shared today.
Apple says that Voice Isolation will prioritize your voice and block out the ambient noise around you, making for clearer phone calls where you can better hear the person you're chatting with and vice versa.
The iOS 16.4 release candidate version that was provided to developers today appears to hint at a new set of AirPods that could be coming in the near future. According to @aaronp613, the beta features references to AirPods that have a model number of A3048 and an AirPods case with a model number of A2968.
There have been no rumors that new AirPods are on the horizon, and it is early for...
Nothing today announced the launch of its second-generation wireless earbuds, the Nothing Ear (2), which offer many of the same features as Apple's AirPods Pro 2 at a lower price point. We went hands-on with the Ear (2) earbuds to see whether they're a viable alternative to the AirPods Pro 2 for those who want to save some cash.
The Ear (2) earbuds are the successor to the Nothing Ear (1),...
Apple today seeded the release candidate versions of upcoming iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 updates to developers for testing purposes, with the software coming a week after the launch of the fourth betas. The RCs mark the final version of the software that will be provided to the public in the near future. Registered developers are able to download the iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 updates...
Apple is tracking the attendance of its employees at offices using badge records in order to ensure they are coming in at least three times a week, according to Platformer's Zoë Schiffer.
Since April 2022, Apple employees have been operating on a hybrid home/office work policy as part of a gradual return strategy following the pandemic, with staff required to work from the office at least...
While the iPhone 15 series is still around six months away from launching, there have already been plenty of rumors about the devices. Many new features and changes have been rumored for the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max in particular.
Below, we have recapped 10 changes rumored for iPhone 15 Pro models that are not expected to be available on the standard iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus:A1...
Top Rated Comments
In fact can you now attach anything from within the mail app e.g. docs, pics instead of the photo / pages app
iOS 5 Hands-On (http://www.bgr.com/2011/06/06/apple-ios-5-iphone-ipad-2-hands-on/)
* Preference to open pages in Safari in a new page or in background (amazing!).
* More alert choices for emails, calendar, and the ability to buy more.
* Ability to create keyboard shortcuts (autotext) to replace custom phrases. The default entry is omw which is replaced with, On my way!
* Software update option in settings to check for the latest OS.
* Sync now button to wireless sync to iTunes
* Ability to customize how notifications in Notification Center look you can customize how many recent ones to show, 1, 5 or 10, if its showed in the lock screen, if its in Notification Center, and also the alert style, banner or alert style.
* Twitter installs directly from the settings page if its not installed directly, you arent even taken to the App Store.
* FaceTime button in iMessage messages at the top now
* Tweeting photos is, so so slick. It displays on Twitter as powered by Photobucket, and its from iOS.
* Theres a new option to print out from the Maps app hilarious.
* You can make new albums right from the device itself in Photos.
* You can move and add photos to albums.
* Doesnt look iMessage is fully baked in here yet.
* You can customize the default alert times. This is so needed so now when you enter a calendar entry, you dont have to set the default alert time you like Im a 15 minute calendar alert type of guy.
* Email flagging doesnt look to be enabled in this beta, though S/MIME support is. Never mind, it is. You have to go into the message and tap mark.
* It seems that Reminders sync with Exchange (Tasks basically), but you cant set location-based reminders if youre on Exchange, just with iCloud. You can selectively choose where to sync the reminder though, its just not streamlined if you use Exchange.
* You can set the caller ID for FaceTime calls, so if you call someone, you can choose it to display your cellular number or email address.
* In the weather app, there is a new pane for a current location which will show you weather for wherever you are.
* When syncing with iTunes you can use the device normally no more syncing screen!
* You can delete individual calls from the call list I know a lot of people that just got super excited.
Me to. My wife and I use the same Apple ID.
Eh? It's his phone, who cares what you're a fan of when it comes to his personal choice of set up?