Apple Delaying iMac Orders, Refresh Due Next Tuesday?

122155 imacs 2010

9 to 5 Mac reports that Apple has begun delaying iMac orders, notifying customers that shipment of their orders is being pushed back to next week. The move comes ahead of an expected iMac refresh that may be set to occur on Tuesday of next week.

Due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the following item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:

Z0JP, IMAC 27/5750/SD
will now ship on or before
May 02, 2011

The report also notes that Mr. X, a source who has provided reliable information to a number of sites in the past, claims that new iMacs should be expected sometime the week of May 2nd.

Separately, we've heard that Apple is planning a change-out in the promotional materials of its retail stores for next week Tuesday, May 3rd. Such shifts are common when Apple rolls out updated models in one of its high-profile product lines as it seeks to capitalize on the publicity and interest. The company generally distributes updated "planograms" showing any changes in store layout, as well as new promotional signage and materials several days ahead of time.

Just over a month ago, CNET's Brian Tong reported that new iMacs were due by the end of April of the first week in May. A May 3rd release would obviously meet that timeline.

Related Roundup: iMac
Tag: Mr. X
Buyer's Guide: iMac (Don't Buy)
Related Forum: iMac

Taank Avatar
Anti glare is not matt. The old imacs with matt screens were impossible to calibrate and had terrible issues with 'white-out'. The glass screens are a massive improvement and anyone with half a brain cell can sort their set up so that glare is a non issue.

Says the guy who must live in an apartment with the shades drawn, or his parents basement, or some other wonderful computer dungeon.

I am surrounded by windows, wonderful views, and don't want to close all my blinds and and be in the dark so that I can use my awesome reflective computer monitor. I appreciate that the glass may be wonderful for some, but understand that it is awful for others. The option for a matte screen is logical. Open your mind, respect the views of others, and stop being a tool.

Take what I say with a grain of salt though, I don't even have half a brain cell.
jeffereyj Avatar
matte screen option or fail.
rhinosrcool Avatar
What about a screen bigger than 21.5" but less than 27"?
Dr.Buzz Avatar
Wake me when iMacs have matte screens again.

I used to be a fan of the glossy, but any more I get so irritated with it. I have a matte screen at work and I kept thinking, the colors and textures are so rich. Oh wait, its because I can actually see them. I may go Mac Pro for the Video card and 3rd party monitor option next time.
reckless2k2 Avatar
I just bought one Friday. I guess I'm returning it.
kalsta Avatar
Wake me when iMacs have matte screens again.