Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.6.4 and Security Update 2010-004
Apple today released Mac OS X 10.6.4, the fourth maintenance update for Snow Leopard, via Software Update. The update offers a number of fixes implemented since the release of Mac OS X 10.6.3 in late March.
The 10.6.4 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard. It includes Safari 5 and general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
- resolve an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive
- resolve an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
- address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
- improve reliability of VPN connections
- resolve a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing
- resolve an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
- improve compatibility with some braille displays
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4150.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
Just yesterday, Apple seeded Build 10F569 of Mac OS X 10.6.4 to developers.
Apple also released a pair of Mac OS X 10.6.4 updates specifically for the company's new Mac mini released earlier today.
- Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update Mac mini (Mid 2010) (403.38 MB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.4 Update Mac mini (Mid 2010) (411.72 MB)
Finally, Apple released Security Update 2010-004 for users on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.