Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.6.3 and Security Update 2010-002
Apple today released Mac OS X 10.6.3, the third maintenance update for Snow Leopard, via Software Update and the company's software downloads page. The update offers several hundred fixes implemented since the release of Mac OS X 10.6.2 last November and an interim security update issued in January.
The 10.6.3 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
- improve the reliability and compatibility of QuickTime X
- address compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
- address an issue that causes background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail
- resolve an issue that prevented files with the # or & characters in their names from opening in Rosetta applications
- resolve an issue that prevented files from copying to Windows file servers
- improve performance of Logic Pro 9 and Main Stage 2 when running in 64-bit mode
- improve sleep and wake reliability when using Bonjour wake on demand
- address a color issue in iMovie with HD content
- improve printing reliability
- resolve issues with recurring events in iCal when connected to an Exchange server
- improve the reliability of 3rd party USB input devices
- fix glowing, stuck, or dark pixels when viewing video from the iMac (Late 2009) built-in iSight camera
Full details on the update are available in Apple's associated support document.
Developer builds of Mac OS X 10.6.3 were seeded with increasingly frequency in recent weeks, with the most recent, Build 10D573, appearing just last Wednesday.
- Mac OS X v10.6.3 Update (719.23 MB)
- Mac OS X v10.6.3 Update (Combo) (784 MB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.3 Update (831.31 MB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.3 Update (Combo) (897.32 MB)
Apple has also released Security Update 2010-002 for users on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- Security Update 2010-002 (Leopard-Client) (78.39 MB)
- Security Update 2010-002 (Leopard-Server) (361.40 MB)