More Leaked iPhone 1.1.3 Firmware Details, Evidence and Videos
After the initial publishing of pre-release screenshots of the iPhone 1.1.3 firmware, there have been a couple of videos and details posted -- adding to the credibility of the original claims.
Gizmodo provided a short video demonstrating the movable Home screen icons as well as some notes from Natetrue, an iPhone hacker. Additional notes:
- the firmware installs with a private key that only Apple has at this time
- the update breaks AnySim unlocks
- the update breaks jailbreaking (installing 3rd party applications)
- features listed are reportedly correct
GearLive also followed up with a video walkthrough (mirror) of the iPhone 1.1.3 firmware. GearLive's Andru Edwards specifically addresses accusations that the photos are fake and attempts to prove the authenticity with this video.
- Drag home screen icons around, into and out of the dock, and onto other pages
- the Firmware crashes once during the demo
- SMS to multiple people
- Google maps Drop Pin, Locate Me (pseudo GPS), Hybrid Map
- Safari Add Bookmark to Homescreen.
Note: several users have noted the "Nate" carrier name on the top-left of the demoed iPhone. This reportedly is a simple network-name custom hack that was preserved after the 1.1.3 update.