In WhatsApp, you can set a custom alert tone for messages and calls from a specific person in your contacts, just like you can in the Contacts app on iPhone.
Setting a special alert tone for a WhatsApp contact enables you to recognize when that particular person is calling you or has sent you a message, without you even having to look at your phone's screen.
To know instantly when someone specific is calling or messaging you via WhatsApp, follow these steps.
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap the Chats tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a chat thread with the contact that you want to single out from the crowd.
- Tap the contact's name at the top of the screen.
- Tap Wallpaper & Sound.
- Under "Custom Tone," tap Alert tone.
- Select a specific tone to use for this contact.
- Tap Save in the top-right corner of the screen.