On iPhone, Apple allows you to set custom ringtones for specific people whose details appear in your contacts.
Setting a special ringtone for someone in your Contacts app enables you to recognize when that particular person is calling you, without you even having to look at your iPhone's screen.
To know instantly when someone you know is trying to get in touch with you, follow these steps.
How to Set a Custom Ringtone for a Contact
- Launch the Contacts app on your iPhone.
- Select a contact from the list.
- Tap Edit in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Ringtone.
- Choose one of the sounds that you want to use below Ringtones.
- Tap Done in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Done again.
Did you know that you can also assign custom alert tones for your WhatsApp contacts? Check out our separate guide to learn how.