Enabling Screen Recording
If you don't have the screen recording icon in Control Center, you can add it in the Settings app.
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Control Center.
- Select "Customize Controls."
- Tap the + button next to "Screen Recording" to add it to the "Include" section.
Starting a Recording
- Bring up the Control Center.
- Tap the icon for screen recording. It's two nested circles.
- Your iPhone or iPad will start recording video of your screen automatically following a three second countdown.
Ending a Recording
- Open Control Center again.
- Tap the screen recording icon.
- Tap the red bar at the top of the screen.
- Confirm that you want to end recording.
Accessing Screen Recording Options
There are a few options that are available when making a screen recording, which can be accessed directly in the Control Center. To bring up these options, simply 3D Touch on the screen recording icon.
From this menu, you can start a screen recording and toggle microphone audio on or off. These are the only options that are available for the feature -- it's fairly basic.