For example, creating a bedtime Scene could turn off all the lights in your home at once and set your thermostat to a more economical temperature.Here's how to create a custom Scene in the Home app on an iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Home app and click on the '+' sign in the top right corner.
- Tap on Add Scene.
- Tap on Custom.
- Name the scene. Be sure to name it something easy to remember since you'll use this to give voice commands to Siri.
- Once you've named the Scene, tap on Add Accessories to select which devices you want to include when the Scene is activated, then tap Done in the top right corner.
- Press and hold the squares of the added accessories to set what they should do when the Scene is activated. In this example, we're creating a movie time scene that turns off the brighter lights in the living room and turns on a light strip behind the couch. If you want this Scene to be a Favorite and thus appear on the main view of the Home app, ensure that Include in Favorites is on.
- When you've finished setting the desired actions for each accessory, tap on Done in the top right corner.
You can create Scenes to prepare your HomeKit accessories for a range of activities and settings, such as waking up in the morning, taking a nap, date nights, vacations, or any other occasion when you want multiple HomeKit accessories to do specific things at the same time.