Apple Releases visionOS 1.1.1 With Bug Fixes

Apple today released visionOS 1.1.1, a minor update to the ‌visionOS‌ operating system that came out in February. ‌visionOS‌ 1.1.1 comes two weeks after the launch of visionOS 1.1.

visionOS Home Screen
‌visionOS‌ updates can be installed by going to the Settings app on the Vision Pro, selecting the General section, and choosing Software Update. The Vision Pro headset will need to be removed to install new software, with a progress bar available on the front EyeSight display.

According to Apple's release notes for the update, ‌visionOS‌ 1.1.1 introduces "important bug fixes and security updates." The software is recommended for all users.

Related Roundups: visionOS, visionOS 2
Related Forum: Apple Vision Pro

iPhone 15 Pro Cameras

iPhone 17 Pro Max Will Be First Model to Feature Three 48MP Cameras

Thursday July 11, 2024 12:20 am PDT by
Beyond iPhone 13 Better Blue Face ID Single Camera Hole

10 Reasons to Wait for Next Year's iPhone 17

Monday July 8, 2024 5:00 am PDT by
iPhone 16 Pro Front Update Blue

iPhone 16 Pro Rumored to Support 40W Fast Charging and 20W MagSafe

Wednesday July 10, 2024 3:57 am PDT by
Apple's forthcoming iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max will support 40W wired fast charging and 20W MagSafe charging, claims a rumor currently swirling around China. Right now, iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro models are capable of up to 27W peak charging speeds with an appropriate USB-C power adapter, while official MagSafe chargers from Apple and authorized third parties can wirelessly charge...
prime day series 9

The Best Early Amazon Prime Day Deals on Apple Watch

Thursday July 11, 2024 8:11 am PDT by
Amazon Prime Day is just a few days away, but you can already get all-time low prices on multiple Apple Watch models right now. As with all early deals, there is a chance that these Apple Watch discounts get even steeper when Prime Day officially kicks off on July 16, but for right now they're still great discounts on each model. Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you...

mrat93 Avatar
16 weeks ago
I may be crazy, but I am considering not updating. Does anybody know if there is a team working on a jailbreak?

I worry that development on AVP will be extremely slow, and that unless there is a jailbreak, it’s true potential will not be seen for years.

Meta adds new features to their headsets on a near-monthly basis (and sideloading). I don’t want AVP to feel like the first several years of iOS, where Apple took their time to add essential features — and made every WWDC feel like a Christmas where you’re hoping for things you’ve wanted for years.
coolfactor Avatar
16 weeks ago

Apple's timeline is largely annual, so don't expect instant gratification. The Vision Platform is just ONE of many that they are carefully managing. Takes time.
nfl46 Avatar
16 weeks ago
Give us all the big fixes.

It’d be nice to get 1.2 beta 1.
Lounge vibes 05 Avatar
16 weeks ago

Even if there is a jailbreak, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to do it without the $299 developer only head strap.
Also, while I’m not one to usually tell someone what to do with their money, spending almost $4000 on a headset, plus $99 a year for the developer program, plus another $300 for the Developer strap just to try to jailbreak it doesn’t really seem like a smart idea.
If it gets bricked in the process, it is very unlikely apple will help you out there.
Then you’ll be stuck with an almost $5000 glass and metal decoration.
kevcube Avatar
16 weeks ago

May I ask, with no intent to be disrespectful.

Firstly are you a biased Apple fan? If by chance not, have you gotten any VR fatigue or is it still very exciting and enjoyable to use? Thank you and hope you’re doing well!
I don't consider myself a heavily biased apple fan, and I used a Valve Index for a while with little fatigue.

The Vision Pro is not especially fatiguing, but really its only job is to give me a super large monitor wherever I am. Nothing about it is particularly exciting at this time, but apps and software updates will carry this thing a long way as they come.

I would've returned if I could but received mine outside of US and outside of return window.
seajack0h Avatar
16 weeks ago
Initial impression is that Safari is 18.4x faster.