Apple Fitness+ Now Offers Over 4,000 Workout and Meditation Videos

Men's Journal's Jacob Krol was recently invited to tour the Apple Fitness+ studio in Santa Monica, California, providing another behind-the-scenes look at the subscription-based workout service. Krol had the opportunity to speak with Jay Blahnik, Apple's VP of Fitness Technologies, and met many of the trainers involved in the workouts.

apple fitness plus feature magenta
The first Fitness+ studio tours were shared last year, and this one provides some more details. Krol said the studio is one large room with equipment spread across several workout and meditation areas, and videos are recorded with 13 robotic cameras and a few human-operated cameras under a dense lighting grid. The live productions are monitored by a crew in a control room to ensure everything is being filmed correctly.

Apple said Fitness+ now offers over 4,000 workouts and meditations, with new ones added every week. The videos range from 5 to 45 minutes in length, and there are a dozen workout types available, with the latest additions including pilates and kickboxing.

"Everything we look at going forward is about how do we make sure that people have great success in their fitness journey, whether Apple Fitness+ is a complement to something they already love to do outside of our service, or whether Apple Fitness+ is the only thing they do to get moving and meditate," said Blahnik. "What can we do to make the experience even easier, smoother, something they can fit into their life more regularly?"

Launched in 2020, Fitness+ is available in the Fitness app on the iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. The service can now be used with just an iPhone, but an Apple Watch is still needed to view real-time, personal metrics on screen during workouts, such as heart rate and calories burned. In the U.S., Fitness+ is priced at $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year, or it can be bundled with other Apple services via Apple One for $32.95 per month.

A single Fitness+ subscription can be shared with up to five other family members, and the service comes with a free one-month trial for all users. Users who purchase a new ‌iPhone‌, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV qualify for a three-month trial.

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

LeeW Avatar
Best Apple service ever. For me, at least.
armhol Avatar
I never thought I'd be the sort of person to get up early and exercise, and I was right!
slash8slash1 Avatar
I must say, it took some time but now I really like it! Still, I have one complaint (controversial, don't shoot me). It seems very US tailored.
coolfactor Avatar

You are not be wrong about your perceptions on the content being US-centric. Americans are a very proud people, to the extent that they think they are the "best", not unlike China or Russia or a dozen other countries. While Apple is a very proud American corporation, I'd like to see them take a truly international effort with their Fitness like they have with Music.
TheYayAreaLiving ?️ Avatar
Going to cancel my current gym membership to try this out.
75Batt Avatar

Since the service is aimed at all users and Apple are representative of everyone then I applaud their trainers being of all body frames. It’s far healthier, realistic and a more body positive message to be sending to users And none are overweight in any way.

Plus, at least 5 of the trainers are British, so I personally don’t feel it to be US tailored. Having said that, I do really like 2 of the British trainers so mostly follow their sessions.