Apple Stops Allowing Sprint iPhone Activations, Removes Sprint References From Online Store

Apple is no longer allowing customers who purchase an iPhone, cellular iPad, or Apple Watch to activate a device with now-defunct mobile carrier Sprint. Apple has also removed remaining references to Sprint from its online store.

TMobile Sprint
When checking out with a new purchase, Sprint is no longer an option for connectivity, a change that Apple appears to have implemented today. Prior to now, Sprint customers were still technically able to activate Sprint devices through the T-Mobile network, and Apple listed Sprint carrier deals.

Given that T-Mobile completed its Sprint merger back in 2020, it is likely that this change will not affect many people. Many Sprint customers have already been transitioned to T-Mobile accounts and are no longer technically Sprint customers, but there may still be some individuals out there who have not yet completed the transfer over to T-Mobile.

Sprint customers have technically been using the T-Mobile network since shortly after the acquisition, as T-Mobile began incorporating Sprint spectrum into its network in April 2020.

Former Sprint customers who are experiencing issues related to their service should contact T-Mobile for help as they will need to move their Sprint accounts to T-Mobile to activate their devices.

(Thanks, Dave!)

TheYayAreaLiving ?️ Avatar
10 weeks ago
? RIP Sprint! Do you guys remember the HTC EVO 4G? ?

drew0020 Avatar
10 weeks ago

They are still not as good as AT&T and Verizon tho. I'm on Dual Network and T-Mobile is still not available as AT&T/Verizon.

I switched from ATT to T-Mobile about 45 days ago. I was an ATT customer since the first iPhone. My 5G speeds went from about 50Mbps to 500mbps (highest I’ve gotten is about 800Mbps) on average with T-Mobile.

T-Mobile provides much better coverage for me in the southeast plus I save $15/month, get free MLB/MLS packages, $350 debit card, Apple TV+, Paramount+, and Netflix (only SD). Only downside is I lost HBO Max.

I wish I switched earlier. T-Mobile 5G in my area is almost as fast as my Google Fiber Home Internet - 2GB. It’s insanely good for the price.
LeadingHeat Avatar
10 weeks ago
Good riddance.
vegetassj4 Avatar
10 weeks ago
Mint Mobile rep spotted outside of One Infinite Loop

Attachment Image
cocky jeremy Avatar
10 weeks ago
Breaking news: Apple no longer activating phones on network that no longer exists.
CarAnalogy Avatar
10 weeks ago
It's so quiet in these comments you could hear a pin drop!

Can't find the version I'm looking for ('//www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjrR3sg_WBg')

Hopefully someone else remembers what I'm talking about. I feel old now.