Apple Seeds Release Candidate Version of watchOS 9.3 to Developers

Apple today seeded the RC version of an upcoming watchOS 9.3 update to developers for testing purposes, with the new software coming almost a month after the release of the second watchOS 9.3 beta.

watchOS 9 Feature
To install the new ‌watchOS 9.3 update, developers will need to download the configuration profile from the Apple Developer Center.

Once installed, ‌watchOS 9.3 can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General > Software update. To update to new software, an Apple Watch needs to have 50 percent battery life, it has to be placed on the charger, and it will need to be in range of the ‌‌iPhone‌‌ it is paired with.

According to Apple's release notes, watchOS 9.3 adds new features, improvements and bug fixes. It specifically introduces the Unity Mosaic watch face, offered to celebrate Black History Month.

Related Roundups: watchOS 10, watchOS 11
Related Forum: Apple Watch

iPhone 15 Pro Cameras

iPhone 17 Pro Max Will Be First Model to Feature Three 48MP Cameras

Thursday July 11, 2024 12:20 am PDT by
Beyond iPhone 13 Better Blue Face ID Single Camera Hole

10 Reasons to Wait for Next Year's iPhone 17

Monday July 8, 2024 5:00 am PDT by
maxresdefault

Apple's AirPods Pro 2 vs. Samsung's Galaxy Buds3 Pro

Saturday July 13, 2024 8:00 am PDT by
Samsung this week introduced its latest earbuds, the Galaxy Buds3 Pro, which look quite a bit like Apple's AirPods Pro 2. Given the similarities, we thought we'd compare Samsung's new earbuds to the AirPods Pro. Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos. Design wise, you could potentially mistake Samsung's Galaxy Buds3 Pro for the AirPods Pro. The Buds3 Pro have the same...
iPhone 16 Pro Front Update Blue

iPhone 16 Pro Rumored to Support 40W Fast Charging and 20W MagSafe

Wednesday July 10, 2024 3:57 am PDT by
Apple's forthcoming iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max will support 40W wired fast charging and 20W MagSafe charging, claims a rumor currently swirling around China. Right now, iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro models are capable of up to 27W peak charging speeds with an appropriate USB-C power adapter, while official MagSafe chargers from Apple and authorized third parties can wirelessly charge...

mattrva Avatar

So apparently, when you delete an iMessage or text from your watch it also deletes it from your phone. I thought this was purposely excluded from syncing and not a bug. I hope this is a feature you can toddle on or off. I want to be able to delete messages from my watch storage without it effecting my phone.
That seems like a fringe case. I'd venture to guess that most users want the watch messages and phone messages to be in sync.
surfzen21 Avatar
twistedpixel8 Avatar
Does this fix Siri being unbelievably slow to respond? I remember getting instant responses on my S6 when I bought it but iOS 9 she now takes forever to reply, almost as if she’s crashed.
QuarterSwede Avatar

Definitely not me. I’ve been wanting sync for years, for my professional sanity at least.
wbeasley Avatar
Anyone else noticed their Series 5 has a lot less battery life after the latest updates?

Used to easily get thru a day. Not heavy usage. Now get the low battery warning around 7pm. ;(

I have done a power cycle and not sure if that fixed anything.
Other options? (Besides new battery up buying a new one hahaha).
CNebs Avatar

I have done a power cycle and not sure if that fixed anything.
Other options? (Besides new battery up buying a new one hahaha).
Have you tried to unpair and then repair?