Deals: HomePod Mini Drops to $79.99 in All Colors

Verizon today introduced one of the first big Black Friday discounts of the season, offering a rare low price on Apple's HomePod mini. You can get the smart speaker for $79.99 in all colors, down from $99.99, and you don't need to be a Verizon customer to get this deal.

new homepod presentsNote: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Verizon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Although we have seen the HomePod mini drop to lower prices in the past, any discounts on the accessory have been supremely rare in the last year; in 2022 alone, we only tracked prices below $89.99 once or twice. This makes Verizon's offer quite valuable for anyone who's been waiting for any sale on the HomePod mini this holiday season.

We're keeping track of all of the season's best Apple-related deals in our Black Friday roundup, so be sure to check back throughout the month for an updated list of all the most notable discounts you'll find for Black Friday 2022.

Related Roundup: Apple Deals
Related Forum: Community Discussion

HudsonSteele Avatar
Costco regularly has them at that price. I know you have to have a membership but if you do, watch for the deal. I usually check for it in store and then go online to order the color I want. I have purchased 4 that way at different times.
bag99001 Avatar
I desperately wanted to go all homekit with a homepod, hoping it would sound better than my echo, but it sadly doesn't. I got a similar price at Target this past weekend, tried it out, and had to return it since it was so tinny sounding in comparison. :(

Maybe nice for a small space, but not good enough for my kitchen / open floor plan living area like my echo is.
tomtad Avatar

It easily sounds better than the Echo Dot and gets loud with impressive bass for its size. The microphones are also excellent it picks you up even when you are in other rooms and you don't have to shout when musics loud. The regular Echo however is where Apple needs a bigger HomePod to properly compete.
Sweet_Caroline Avatar

Really? I thought the Echo sounded bad, especially when I had the volume up.

I have these all over my house now.
clayj Avatar
Here's hoping that Apple release a HomePod mini in 2023 that includes a small screen, in the 5" range, similar to an Echo Show 5. I'd really like to get rid of the rest of my Alexa gear and this would be a big step toward making that happen.
satchmo Avatar
This should be the regular price.
It's a decent speaker for it's size, but it really works best if you subscribe to Apple Music.