Deals: AirPods 3 Return to Black Friday Price of $149.99 ($29 Off)

After Black Friday and Cyber Monday ended, all of the best AirPods deals quietly disappeared. But Amazon has now brought back the solid $29 markdown on the new AirPods 3 that we saw last week, offering the earbuds for $149.99, down from $179.00.

airpods 3 blue holiday 2Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale is an all-time low price on the AirPods 3, and as of writing it is the only AirPods deal to return after the closure of Black Friday shopping.

We track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide, so be sure to bookmark that page while you shop around for the wireless headphones.

Related Roundup: Apple Deals

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

ghostface147 Avatar
My stepdaughter tried them, liked the sound, but returned them for a Gen 2 because they kept falling out of her ears.
jdavid_rp Avatar

The sale prices have been pretty tempting on these. Now if only Apple could release an iPad Pro right before the holidays one of these years. (not going to happen...i know. Just dreaming.)
Why? You can buy the one they released in May

They look like they would easily fall, I have the pros and even with the tips they fall from time to time
BeefCake 15 Avatar

what a great offer. with these low low prices I am sure to make a purchase soon
I got one for my wife and it's amazing. If it wasn't for the fact that my 2nd gen was still working fine, I'd grab one too.
ATHiker95 Avatar
Finally! An AirPod that my ears like and don't increase stuffiness! No problem with falling out. Glad they got away from tapping on them as that just hurt my ears. Easy to squeeze AirPod. I had tried AirPods 2 and Bose ANC headphones - all of them drove my tinnitus nuts and stuffed up my head badly to the point I was constantly swallowing, trying to relieve the pressure, which would at times take 2 days to go away. Scary. These don't do that, thankfully which makes me think it was the noise cancellation. These are definitely not noise cancelling so be aware of that, if that is something you are looking for. Voice calls are heard loudly and clearly on both ends. I like how they just pick up from device to device (iPhone, iPad,iMac, TV). The regular EarPods that come with every iPhone would fall out of my ears all the time - these don't at all. I'm sure for every person it will depend. I bought mine at Costco which gives me 3 months to try them out which is a nice window. Black Friday sale .
bradman83 Avatar

Why? You can buy the one they released in May
I think his point seems to be that right now it's late in the iPad Pro's life cycle given that they've been updated in March the last two years so it makes less sense to buy now versus waiting for mid-2022 for the next update.
happygodavid Avatar
Both my wife and I tried the 3's, and they sounded great, but they would not stay in either of our ears. Back to the 2's for me and Powerbeats Pro for my wife. Apple needs to keep the 2's but improve them (shorter stems, slide volume controls, better battery life, smaller case, done.). For me, silicone tips aren't an option. Also, squeezing stems to control anything is completely pointless. Tapping is FAR superior. If I'm cooking or gardening (or doing anything with my hands, honestly), I can't squeeze stems, but I can tap. IMHO, AirPods 3 are a total fail for anyone who doesn't have gargantuan ear canals and/or who never uses their hands and AirPods simultaneously. YMMV, but I am really disappointed in the 3's.