Useful Mac Accessories Worth Checking Out
If you recently picked up one of the new M1 Macs that Apple released in November, or received a new Mac for the holidays, you may be in search of useful accessories to go along with it. In our latest YouTube video, we rounded up some great Mac accessories that are worth checking out.
videographer Dan has highlighted several of his favorite Mac products, ranging from storage options to displays, docks, and more. A list of what's in the video is below.
- WaterField Designs Vero Leather MacBook Sleeve ($119) - If you have MacBook Pro or a MacBook Air and are looking for a sleeve option, the Vero from WaterField Designs has a slim fit, protective design that slips right into a bag or backpack.
- WaterField Designs Executive Messenger Bag ($379) - Looking for something more than a sleeve? The Executive Leather Messenger Bag from WaterField Designs has lots of pockets for housing all of your accessories plus there's padding for your MacBook.
- Twelve South PlugBug Duo ($50) - The Plugbug Duo is a little add-on for your MacBook charger that provides two USB-A ports that can be used for your accessories, with power provided by the MacBook power adapter.
- Twelve South ParcSlope ($60) - The ParcSlope is a stand that's designed to elevate your MacBook or iPad to a more comfortable working position, raising the screen and adding additional airflow.
- LG UltraFine 4K Display ($700) - LG's 4K 23.7-inch display is an ideal companion for Apple Macs, given that it was designed for Apple devices. It connects over Thunderbolt 3, offers up to 85W of charging power, and it has two Thunderbolt 3 ports and three USB-C ports.
- Brydge Vertical Dock ($170) - The Vertical Dock from Brydge holds your MacBook upright and is a solid docking solution for using your machine in clamshell mode. It connects via two USB-C ports, and then there are an additional two accessible ports at the back of the dock.
- 13-inch LineDock ($349) - Designed for 13-inch machines, the LineDock is a docking solution that attaches to the bottom of your MacBook. It adds extra battery life and up to 1TB storage, plus it has 100W passthrough charging and a total of nine ports including HDMI, Mini DisplayPort, SD card slot, USB-A and USB-C options.
- Aukey PowerZeus 500 ($460) - If you need power for your devices in an emergency or while off the grid, Aukey's PowerZeus 500 offers a 518Wh capacity that can charge up a MacBook several times with enough juice left over for other devices. There's also the smaller Power Titan 300 if you don't need quite as much power.
What are your favorite Mac accessories that you would recommend to others? Let us know in the comments.
Multiple rumors have suggested that the next-generation iPhone 15 models will adopt the Wi-Fi 6E standard that Apple has already introduced in the iPad Pro and MacBook Pro, and now a leaked document appears to confirm Apple's plans.
Sourced from researcher and Apple leaker Unknownz21 (@URedditor), the document features diagrams of the iPhone 15's antenna architecture. D8x refers to the...
Apple's next-generation iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are expected to be announced in September as usual. Already, rumors suggest the devices will have at least eight exclusive features not available on the standard iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus.
An overview of the eight features rumored to be exclusive to iPhone 15 Pro models:A17 chip: iPhone 15 Pro models will be equipped with an A17...
Following last week's hardware announcements, this week saw the actual release of several of the new products as well as operating system updates bringing new features and bug fixes across Apple's platforms.
This week also saw some fresh rumors about the iPhone 15 lineup and Apple's upcoming AR/VR headset, while we shared some tips to help you get the most of your macOS experience, so read...
In June 2022, Apple previewed the next generation of CarPlay, promising deeper integration with vehicle functions like A/C and FM radio, support for multiple displays across the dashboard, personalization options, and more.
Apple says the first vehicles with support for the next-generation CarPlay experience will be announced in late 2023, with committed automakers including Acura, Audi,...
New 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models with the latest M2 Pro and M2 Max chips are available in Apple retail stores and are already in the hands of customers, and we picked up one of the new M2 Max machines to answer all of the questions MacRumors readers considering a purchase might have.
Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos. Yesterday, we asked MacRumors fans on...
The upcoming iPhone 15 models that are set to be introduced later in 2023 will adopt the Wi-Fi 6E standard, according to Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. In a note about Apple's work on a Wi-Fi chip, Kuo said that the company will upgrade the iPhone 15 to Wi-Fi 6E.
Apple is already using Wi-Fi 6E for the 11 and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models introduced last year, along with the new Mac mini and...
The iPhone 15 will support Wi-Fi 6E, according to a research note shared this week by Barclays analysts Blayne Curtis and Tom O'Malley. The analysts did not specify whether the feature will be available on all models or limited to the Pro models.
Apple has added Wi-Fi 6E support to a handful of devices so far, including the latest 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook...