Netflix today announced the launch of a new toggle that will let Netflix users turn off autoplay previews, which has been a controversial Netflix feature for years now.

When browsing through Netflix, the service is designed to play previews of the content that you stop on, which usually includes a trailer. Until today, Netflix has offered no option to turn these previews off.

netflixautoplay
As of now, though, you can disable them by opening up Netflix, selecting your profile, selecting Playback Settings and toggling off "Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices."

Changing the setting will prevent content from playing while you swap through different shows and movies. The setting will need to be enabled on a per-profile basis as it is not account wide.

Tag: Netflix

twistedpixel8 Avatar

Now where is my god damn „already watched“ button
I’d also like a button for “I started watching but it was ****. Stop bugging me to finish watching it.”
MisterSavage Avatar
I couldn't turn this feature off fast enough when I heard about this.
itsmilo Avatar
Now where is my god damn „already watched“ button
randolorian Avatar
This was so annoying that I found myself avoiding Netflix. Maybe I won't cancel now. ;-)
iBreatheApple Avatar
I actually prefer this and for years I wished content had trailers. Conversely, I hate it when clicking on a show for the first time auto starts the first episode.
Westside guy Avatar
Oh, thank goodness. FINALLY!