Apple Promotes Apple Card in New Ad

Apple this morning shared a new video ad on its YouTube channel, highlighting the Apple Card, which became available for all iPhone users in the United States last week.

In the spot, Apple goes over the features of the ‌Apple Card‌, highlighting the ‌Apple Card‌ interface in the Wallet app. ‌Apple Card‌ is designed to offer up visual spend tracking, changing the color of the virtual card to match the categories that users are spending in.

Apple Card is here. It's a new kind of credit card, created by Apple, not a bank. With a better way to track where you spend. Daily Cash you get back every day. And a new level of privacy and security. Nice.

The ad shows off both the physical titanium card that can be used for in-store purchases and the ‌Apple Card‌ in the Wallet app, used for Apple Pay purchases.

Apple is likely to begin showing this ad on television, social media, and other locations in the near future in an effort to get additional users to sign up.

‌Apple Card‌ is designed to simplify the credit card experience, offering up clear spend tracking and payment options to minimize the amount of interest spent. It offers cash back rewards that max out at 3 percent, and rewards are provided on a daily basis through Daily Cash.

For more on ‌Apple Card‌, make sure to check out our full Apple Card guide.

iOS 17

Apple Sheds More Light on iOS 17.5 Bug That Resurfaced Deleted Photos

Friday May 24, 2024 2:36 am PDT by

topgunn Avatar
Needs a disclaimer at the end:
Please do not store your Apple Card in your pocket, in your wallet, in your purse, or in an environment that may contain dust, moisture, or air of any kind. Your Apple Card should be stored in an Apple-certified unicorn hide case with carbon ferrite lining.
newyorksole Avatar
I just removed my AppleCard from my Apple Wallet.

While I love the interface, tracking and the unique features that clearly came from Apple... I hate the lack of "Family Centric" stuff that also came from Apple. Apple simply doesn't understand how families work.
- No 2nd user. Spouse has to apply for her own
- No website support. Wallet has tons of info, but not enough to eliminate the need for a web interface
- No Quicken/Mint/Banking Software support.
- Family Spending. With two separate cards and no 3rd party support then how are you supposed to manage family expenses? With the calculator on your iPad?!?!

I dont hate the card at all. I think much of it is very clever and convenient. But, just like iCloud Photos and iPad Logins, it just doesn't seem to be made for people in stable families.

(Bonus Complaint - Instant CashBack isnt as exciting as I thought it would be. I made 30cents yesterday with the AppleCard. That 30cents is so little that its pretty much evaporated into my daily expenses. With my current Citibank I'm at $850 in cash back rewards that I can cash out in February. Accumulating rewards is always a fun treat that is almost lost in these tiny daily Apple rewards. Maybe we should get an option to let it stack?)
Wait a second... You mean to tell me that you didn’t know any of that stuff before you applied? So many articles said that there was no second user options / website support / 3rd party software support etc.

Seems like you kind of dropped the ball considering you’re all about “family features”.

Also, if you just let the Daily Cash sit there and don’t look at it then obviously it’ll rack up over time. You just got the card Lol. You can’t compare it to your Citi $850 in rewards.
Wilson1313 Avatar
"Created by Apple, not a bank"
Apple Card, by Goldman Sachs
AppleWes Avatar
...Instant CashBack isnt as exciting as I thought it would be. I made 30cents yesterday with the AppleCard. That 30cents is so little that its pretty much evaporated into my daily expenses. With my current Citibank I'm at $850 in cash back rewards that I can cash out in February. Accumulating rewards is always a fun treat that is almost lost in these tiny daily Apple rewards. Maybe we should get an option to let it stack?)
Not sure why you applied without learning more about card... The specific complaint about cash back seems a bit reaching though. It's up to you to let cash back build up. (Of course other cards may offer higher percent for certain categories- however still small amounts if you saw the breakdown day by day.)

I've let cash back build up on my Apple Cash and will transfer it to bank after a larger amount is there. Using Apple Card for all my day to day purchases and even to pay a couple bills has built up my cash back pretty quickly. IMO it's still much easier than having to log in to typical bank website, select rewards/amount and redeem.
Fatyank Avatar
I’ve had my card a few weeks now. I like the physical card. I thought it would be silver in color but because its Apple, white is no surprise. I have it in my wallet (I use a minimalist FIDELO wallet) between my Concealed weapon permit and social security cards. Is there an Omen there???
A lot of people are complaining about credit limits and APRs. Give it a few months and call Apple Card support and ask if they can raise your credit limits or lower APR. This whole program is only starting and bugs need to be worked out. As good as Apple prepares for launches of products and services, things can still go wrong. It’s easy to ridicule but that’s usually done because of some issue that person is having. I don’t want to get into a pissing contest so I’ll end there.
I believe in the near future you will see a web based feature to manage your Apple Card account as well as integration with apps like Mint. There is an old saying ”you can eat a whole elephant but you must do it one bite at a time”.
bbednarz Avatar
1 small thing I really like about the card is that it just shows you total balance and available. None of this nonsense where you have to wait for things to clear to be added to the balance. Does it all instantly, don't have to subtract or anything.

Like I said, small. But I much prefer it this way.