This year, Apple chose a total of 10 apps that work across iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV, with the winners listed below:
- Agenda - A unique date-based note-taking app for iOS and Mac devices.
- Bandimal - A music composing app that's designed for kids and uses cute animal-based graphics.
- Calzy - A modern calculator app for iPhone, iPad, iMessage, and Apple Watch.
- iTranslate Converse - A translation app that's designed to translate foreign languages in real time.
- Triton Sponge - An app that uses an image processing algorithm to calculate a real-time estimation of surgical blood loss.
- Florence - An interactive storybook game.
- Playdead's INSIDE - A 2D puzzle platformer with impressive graphics and complex puzzles from the makers of LIMBO.
- Alto's Odyssey - A desert-based endless runner that's a followup to the first ultra popular Alto's Adventure game.
- Frost - Frost is a dreamlike Puzzle game where the goal is to draw paths to guide spirits to their home planets.
- Oddmar - Oddmar is an action adventure platformer game that stars a viking named Oddmar who is trying to redeem himself and earn a place in Valhalla.
Apple plans to make a video of the Apple Design Awards ceremony available online in the near future, and it will be available on the Apple Design Awards website.
All Apple Design Award winners receive a unique cube-shaped award along with an iMac Pro, a 15-inch MacBook Pro, an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, an iPhone X, a 4K Apple TV, an Apple Watch Series 3, and a set of AirPods.