(PRODUCT)RED iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Now Available to Order

As promised, special (PRODUCT)RED editions of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus unveiled yesterday are now available to order on Apple.com and through the Apple Store app on iPhone and iPad in the United States and several other countries.

iphone 8 product red apple store
The new models are available with 64GB or 256GB storage for the same prices as the equivalent iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus models in Apple's standard space gray, silver, and gold colorways, which remain available.

• iPhone 8 / (RED) / 64GB: $699

• iPhone 8 / (RED) / 256GB: $849

• iPhone 8 Plus / (RED) / 64GB: $799

• iPhone 8 Plus / (RED) / 256GB: $949

The first deliveries will arrive to customers Friday, April 13, and in-store availability at Apple Stores and select authorized resellers will begin on the same day in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.

Availability in Brazil, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, and other regions will follow later in April, followed by Chile, Colombia, India, Israel, Turkey, and more regions in May.

While the (PRODUCT)RED edition iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus had white front bezels, the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus versions have black front bezels. Otherwise, these iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus models are identical to those unveiled last September, with the new color likely introduced to boost sales.

Apple's new (PRODUCT)RED edition iPhone X Leather Folio is also available to purchase for $99 starting today from Apple.com, Apple Stores, and the Apple Store app in dozens of countries around the world.

iphone x leather folio product red
The products are part of Apple's 11-year partnership with (RED), founded in 2006 by U2 frontman Bono and activist Bobby Shriver. The brand and its licensed red-colored products helps to raise funds for The Global Fund, which helps people affected by HIV or AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria in eight African countries.

For each (RED) product sold, Apple makes a contribution to The Global Fund, raising over $160 million to date.

Related Forum: iPhone

iOS 18 CarPlay Feature

iOS 18 Adds These 5 New Features to CarPlay

Thursday June 13, 2024 7:44 am PDT by
ios 18 button bulge

iOS 18 Adds Pop-Out Bezel Animation When Pressing iPhone Buttons

Tuesday June 11, 2024 10:40 am PDT by
iOS 18 includes a small but interesting change for the buttons on the iPhone, adding more of a visual element when changing volume, activating the Action button, or locking the screen. When you press an iPhone button in iOS 18, the display bezel bulges outward slightly. This feature is available for the volume buttons, Action button and the power button, and it will also likely be used for...
maxresdefault

First Look at Messages via Satellite in iOS 18

Thursday June 13, 2024 11:29 am PDT by
iOS 18 Wallet Feature

Here's What's New in Apple Wallet on iOS 18 for Event Tickets and More

Friday June 14, 2024 7:32 am PDT by

5105973 Avatar
Just like people afraid of "bluetooth” effects on health. Again, not tryint to offend you at all, but Apple is not going to change their pipeline and put back touch id. Face ID is the future, and I seriously doubt Apple would have released it without sufficient research on it.
Well if I could see the links to the research they did that would be great. I have seen preliminary research indicating there can be eye damage from some exposure to IR beams, but they didn’t study effects of the kinds and strengths of the light in this particular application for biometric authentication in cell phones. Nor what happens over the course of frequent exposure.

My husband and I and a few other forum members have already experienced cumulative progressive severe eye pain from iris scanners in smart phones. I do think Apple has a smarter implementation than the iris scanner we used, but right now with no published data to consult, I don’t care to trust the gift of eyesight to this particular application of LED laser technology. My husband is fine with it, that’s his choice as an adult. The kids are a different matter.

Already, Apple’s particular presentation of OLED has landed some forum members in the ER or their doctor’s office with severe migraines, despite their never having experienced migraines. This type of OLED has been used before. Yet Apple didn’t seem to anticipate this effect on some of its customers.

So I don’t blindly trust any company, not even Apple, to look after my or my family’s health and safety. The CPSC site is filled with recalls due to reports of death and injury to customers from products that had been successfully marketed for years. Like the crib I used for my own baby.
andyx3x Avatar
Why why why 4 months all new phones just wait the x and 8 are gonna be last gen soon
If I want to buy the X Plus, which I may very well want to do, I'll just sell this one and buy it. No big deal.
5105973 Avatar
Because there is no definitive answer from ophthalmologists on whether the Face ID projector tech is safe for the eyes of my kids. Or us adults for that matter. Insufficient data.

So not every single person who likes iPhones is sold on this roadmap for the iPhone’s future, especially if they’re looking for a phone for their teenagers or even younger kids. I’m hoping by the time our 8’s need to be replaced some studies will have been done on this specific application of this specific light emitter and we will know more. Or Apple will come to their senses and include Touch ID back in.

Also some of us just like this series
idmean Avatar
Red iPhones????? Where is the new mac mini!11!!!!! /s
zombiecoops Avatar
I like the fingerprint sensor too much to switch yet, I use it for everything, and too many complaints about face id not working with a lot of the apps yet for unlocking and authorization. I just ordered the red 8 plus, I'll keep this one for the two years, pay it off and pass it down to my daughter. By then everything will be face id and implemented across all the apps and platforms. I don't mind waiting for something to be perfected before getting it.
zorinlynx Avatar
I wonder if this will be the very last premium iPhone that uses TouchID.

I suspect that people who prefer TouchID and want to delay switching as long as possible will end up buying this phone just for that reason. Hell, I have an iPhone 7 Plus and even I'm tempted.