The location originally opened in September 2002, entirely before products like the iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, so it could benefit from some additional square footage to accommodate an increased number of products and customers.
The store should also receive a facelift in line with Apple's latest retail design, including large glass doors, large video screens for product marketing and in-store events, and sequoia wood shelves on the walls for accessories.
Apple has renovated dozens of its stores worldwide since 2015, when the new design was introduced. Newer stores like Apple Union Square and Apple World Trade Center have also incorporated the refreshed aesthetic.
Apple The Westchester joins the following other stores that are currently being or will soon be renovated in the United States:
- Apple Fifth Avenue in New York, New York
- Apple Green Hills in Nashville, Tennessee
- Apple Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood, Washington
- Apple Southlake Town Square in Southlake, Texas
- Apple Natick Collection in Natick, Massachusetts starting April 22
Update: Apple SouthPark in Charlotte, North Carolina is also closing for renovations starting April 22. Thanks, D. Shearin!