Originally set to debut in summer 2017, Alto's Odyssey is the sequel to the original 2015 game "Alto's Adventure" and keeps the endless runner gameplay that the original was known for while introducing new features, controls, and a new desert location. Both games feature a "one-touch trick system" that players use to control the main character to chain together combos and complete various goals.
If anyone has yet to play the original, Snowman said that Alto's Odyssey is a standalone experience and doesn't require knowledge of Alto's Adventure. Other features of Alto's Odyssey include:
- Explore Biomes. From the dunes, to the canyons, to the temples, explore a rich and diverse landscape, with each area boasting unique visuals and gameplay.Alto's Odyssey is a universal app with iCloud support, so users can play the game on iPhone or iPad and have their progress synced across devices, even Apple TV. The game also supports a "purchase once, play forever" promise on its App Store description, and Snowman states that it has no ads or in-app purchases anywhere within the game. Those interested can purchase Alto's Odyssey for $4.99 starting today [Direct Link].
- Newfound heights. Discover secrets in the sky with hot-air balloons, moving grind rails, and wall riding.
- Meet Alto and friends. Unlock six unique characters, each with their own attributes and abilities.
- Zen Mode. Complete with its own serene soundtrack, this relaxing mode distills Odyssey down to its purest elements: no scores, no coins, and no power-ups. Just you and the endless desert.
- Photo Mode. From the pause screen, get behind the lens and take stunning photos of your trip through the desert. Pinch, swipe, pan and zoom to frame the ideal shot, and share them with friends and family.