Woolworths customers in Australia who have a Woolworths rewards card can now add their cards to the Wallet app to make it easier to earn and use rewards points when checking out.

Apple added a mention of the new Woolworths Rewards option to its Apple Pay website today, and the feature is outlined on the Woolworths website.

woolworthsrewardscard
Woolworths customers can open the Wallet app and scan their cards using the standard procedure necessary to add a card to Wallet. From there, the Rewards card is digital and customers can collect and use rewards points and discounts at checkout simply by tapping their iPhones at an NFC-capable register with a finger on the Touch ID Home button.

With the digital card, there's no need to pull out a physical rewards card when checking out, making for a faster checkout process, especially as the Rewards card will come up automatically when checking out at a Woolworths location. Digital Rewards cards from Woolworths will also show current points balance and savings at a glance in the Wallet app.

woolworthsrewardsprocess
Customers who add their Rewards cards to Apple Wallet and then use it at checkout when making a purchase of $0.05 or more can earn 500 bonus points. The promotion will be available through November 30, 2017.

chukronos Avatar
I didn't know woolworths was still around.
actcyclist Avatar
I didn't know woolworths was still around.
This is Woolworths Australia, not affiliated. Australia has 2 large retails chains, this is one of them.
[doublepost=1509506976][/doublepost]
TIL Woolworths still exists. Even if it is in a penal colony.

A penal colony with 100% Apple/Android Pay acceptance at retailers
scarecrowmac Avatar
Yes! This is great.. about time we had some more cards in Australia supported!
Robert.Walter Avatar
My 85 xyo mom upgraded from her 3 y/o Apple Watch to an S3 LTE (42 Nike Silver). We didn’t have time to put her 3 credit cards (AMEX, visa, Kohl’s) into Apple Pay during the set up.

We updated the S3 to 4.1 today and she was all over me reminding me that we need to put the cards in because in the meantime she has had to pull her phone out of tiger purse and it’s a big time waster compared to the watch.

We bought the watch for her as a fall alert device to call for help if she needed it (so far not - although she did trigger SOS alerts to us kids, and “had a chat with the nice 911 operator”, when she checked out the feature, lol), but her biggest use cases (may it remain ever so) are Apple Pay, cooking timer, answering calls when phone is out of reach in that frequency order.

Oh, and, what I wanted to say is, I’m amazed more companies don’t offer cards for the wallet.
samh004 Avatar
I added it this morning and used it a few hours later. At checkout I held my phone near the eftpos machine and it came up automatically, prompting me to authenticate with Touch ID. The cashier was initially shocked as she hadn’t heard of it and didn’t know how I’d managed to scan my card without her help (previously you needed to scan the barcode on the till). I’m impressed!
omglolbbq Avatar
TIL Woolworths still exists. Even if it is in a penal colony.
Different Woolworths.