apple iphone7 250x195Apple has added a new 32GB storage capacity option to the Jet Black iPhone 7 as part of a shake-up to its existing smartphone line-up, putting the glossy finish at the more affordable entry point of $549 for the 4.7-inch version, with a 128GB option now going for $649.

The iPhone 7 Plus is also now available in Jet Black at 32GB and 128GB for $669 and $769, respectively. At the same time, Apple has discontinued the 256GB option for the iPhone 7 in any color across the board.

Apple originally offered the Jet Black iPhone 7 at launch at 128GB and 256GB capacities, starting at $749 and $849 respectively, but didn't offer the cheaper 32GB option that the other colors are available in. That put a $100 premium on the glossy finish, pricing out more budget-conscious smartphone customers, but it looks as if Apple has had a change of mind.

Screen Shot 18
As part of its existing iPhone range shake-up, Apple has also discontinued its its (PRODUCT)RED iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models. Apple's (PRODUCT)RED iPhone 7 and 7 Plus were first introduced in March of 2017, six months after the debut of the iPhone 7.

(Thanks, Anna!)

Related Forum: iPhone

44267547 Avatar
Actually, the 128 GB 7 for $650.00 is a good price. There still is a lot of technology in this iPhone and is still plenty powerful as well. I would say this is a really good purchase if somebody was undecided between this and the iPhone 8.
ghsDUDE Avatar
I just purchased a 7 Plus in Jet Black (128GB) after the announcement yesterday and it arrives today!

I don't see much difference between this and the 8 Plus...and I'm saving almost $200 because Apple got greedy and got rid of the 128GB option in the new phones!
cosmic68 Avatar

I don't see much difference between this and be 8 Plus...and I'm saving almost $200 because Apple got greedy and got rid of the 128GB option in the new phones!
I'm doing exactly the same. I've normally always upgraded every two years, but held out after my last purchase (iPhone 6 Plus).

This is the first time I've gone backwards so to speak. But with these insane prices and incremental advances, I feel like it's a forward move for me personally.
CarpalMac Avatar
I personally think the £549.00 iPhone 6S 128GB is even better value. Still loving mine, the X would only have been a replacement contender out of all the current choices, if it had 128GB at the £999 price point.
KAZphoto Avatar
The Jet black model is still hands down my favorite iPhone they have released. It looks more like one slab of glass than the iPhone X does. Sleek and sexy.
ghsDUDE Avatar
Actually, the 128 GB 7 Plus for $650.00 is a good price. There still is a lot of technology in this iPhone and is still plenty powerful as well. I would say this is a really good purchase if somebody was undecided between this and the iPhone 8.
That's for the 7. The 128GB Plus came to $769, but I still feel like I made a good decision since my only other option was the 8 Plus (256GB) for $950.