Readdle today announced the launch of PDF Expert 6, a major update to its popular PDF Expert app. PDF Expert 6 introduces a range of new features, from a revamped look to new editing tools.
The app has been overhauled with a fresh, streamlined look that makes it easier to add and manage files, but the most important new feature is the addition of editing tools. With PDF Expert 6, you can do more than just annotate -- the app now supports editing and modifying PDF text, adding images, adding links, redacting information, and more.
Other new features include support for editing and annotating documents directly in Dropbox or another cloud service, password protected files, improved search, and edit outlines.
PDF Expert 6 can be downloaded from the App Store for $9.99, and the update is free for existing users. The new PDF editing tools are available through an additional $9.99 in-app purchase. [Direct Link]
Top Rated Comments
You're still getting quite a few other things: new design, work in the cloud, password protection, enhanced search, edit outlines and the usual bug fixes for your free upgrade.
And nothing has changed. You still have the app you paid for with the features you agreed to get at the price you paid when you bought it.
They're new to the iOS version of this app. Other apps may have had such features already, and if you needed those features when you bought the app, you should've purchased one of those alternatives instead.
You willingly purchased the app without these additional features, so you must've been happy to pay the price at the time. What's changed?
I paid the 10 bucks. Well worth it, plus if we don't pay for great software, there won't be any. It really is that simple.
- The new is free for all existing PDF Expert iOS users.
- The in-app purchase enables you to edit existing text in the PDF document, also edit it's size and font.
- It is a one-time purchase of Text Editing feature, for 9.99$, which is a more user-friendly price comparing to apps allowing to do way more than other apps for 'from $180/year' subscription.
- Before, there never was a feature of editing existing PDF text on PDF Expert in iOS, and Readdle team worked over the last 6 month developing this.
- There are many cases when user needs to edit PDF text, for example to correct the presentation, invoice, update CV and other files, so it makes perfect sense to have this ability
- Readdle described the situation around in-app purchase and what feature it brings in their blog here: https://blog.readdle.com/meet-the-new-pdfexpert-6-4fb743aba9c3, press releases are meant to be for press, and blogs & twitter for people. It was described on Readdle's Twitter too: https://twitter.com/Readdle/status/862327377128456198
- Readdle team spent around 6 months developing this feature, so it is quite new :)
Outside of Apple's app stores, no major software product provides major upgrades of the functionality like this one for free. The in-place editing of PDFs is really impressive, beating even much more expensive products such as Acrobat. They recently added it to the Mac version of PDF Expert as well.