Google today announced it has updated its Calendar app with long-awaited iPad support.
The app is essentially the same as the iPhone version, but it is now optimized for the tablet's larger screen. Google said a Today view widget for Notification Center and the Lock screen is coming soon.
Here's a quick overview of the app's features:
• Different ways to view your calendar - Quickly switch between month, week and day view.
• Events from Gmail - Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
• To-dos - Use Reminders to create and view to-dos alongside your events.
• Goals - Add personal goals—like “run 3 times a week”—and Calendar will schedule time for them automatically.
• Quick event creation - Smart suggestions for event titles, places and people save you time when creating events.
• All your calendars in one place - Google Calendar works with all calendars on your device, including Exchange and iCloud
Google Calendar can be downloaded for free on the App Store [Direct Link].
Top Rated Comments
I use Android as well and it's easier to go between iOS and Droid if one uses Google calendar. Plus for my school schedule, everything works seamlessly with Google calendar. Not the case for Calenders 5.
Not everyone may use it, but for those of us who do, Google releasing an iPad version and finally a widget is a long awaited day. Especially for those of us who are cross platform.