Apple Adds Apple Pay Details to Italian Website Ahead of Launch

Apple has updated its Italian website with an Apple Pay page, confirming its introduction in the country is close at hand.

Last month, Apple added complete translations of Apple Pay support documents to its Italian and German regional websites, indicating the launch of the mobile payment system in those countries is just a matter of time.

Screen Shot 2 1
Today, for Italy at least, that launch appears one step closer, with the "arriving soon" web page listing UniCredit, Boon, and Carrefour Banca as participating banks.

Also today, Apple Pay launched in Ireland, making it the 14th country to accept Apple's mobile payments service.

Related Roundup: Apple Pay
Tag: Italy

Berti10 Avatar
Germany would be awesome!
Jipp, I'm ready to switch from Sparkasse to any other bank, that supports Apple Pay on day one.
d_an_2014 Avatar
Germany would be awesome!
PR1985 Avatar
But what if some banks & retailers want? Comdirect, N26, Aldi, Lidl, US-chains ... just guessing.
I hope, they will activate the page in Germany soon. I am optimistic.
SBlue1 Avatar
I`m happy today, as I`m 50/50 German/Italian. Apple? I want to use AP! Come on! German CC only. I`m sitting in a wheelchair so Apple Pay is secure and nice to have, especially, in my situation.

P.s.: Stadtsparkasse, please!
I highly doubt Stadtsparkasse will ever adopt Apple Pay. :) They are not innovative and fighting for keeping the status quo. Some are reintroducing fees for having a bank account with them !They were even suing Santander Bank for using the colour red!

It seems Sparkasse is run by old scared men with no vision. Sorry. I expect big international banks like Commerzbank or Deutsche Bank or modern young banks like comdirekt or IngDiBa to roll out Apple Pay first.
PR1985 Avatar
German fingers crossed!

P.s.: Stadtsparkasse, please!
ddrulez Avatar
Germany would be nice but I gave up my hopes for it. Banks and retailers here don't want it to happen.