Skype today announced the release of version 5.6 of its iPhone app, bringing with it a user interface that is scaled for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. This is the second significant Skype update in less than a month and follows an iOS 8-optimized version that debuted at the end of September.
The latest version of Skype for iPhone now supports all device screen sizes from the 3.5-inches of the iPhone 4 up to the 5.5-inches of the new 6 Plus. The biggest difference will be seen by iPhone 6 Plus owners, who now will be able to view additional messages and chat logs on the larger screen.
The full change log for the 5.6 release includes changes to the contact profiles and general improvements to the app.
What's New in Version 5.6
- Native resolution support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+
- Presence indicators are now displayed in the "recent" list
- Number of contacts and time zones are now shown on contact profiles
- Individual conversations can be marked as read/unread
- Notification sounds are disabled in "Do not disturb" mode
- General Improvements